Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Build Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

New Build Thread

I received my 818R kit the end of May 2014, I have been so busy in my construction business I have not had very much time to work on the build. I have been very active on reading all the posts in the forums. I want to thank everyone for all the tips, shortcuts and the right and wrong way to assemble the 818R.

First thing I did was purchase a pair of Sparco EVO seats and set them in the car to see how they fit. I am 6'3" and my son is 6'6" and realized that I did not have near enough leg room to drive the car. I needed to move the driver seat back to the rear firewall and instantly knew the supplied fuel tank had to go. I bought a DEI fuel cell and it allowed me to move the driver seat all the way back. After seeing other 818R builds, I decided I needed a drivers full containment seat if I wanted to race the car. New seat was about 2 1/2 inches wider then the EVO. I cut 6" off the end of the fuel cell, re-powder coated...everything is "golden"

I don't want to bore you all with all the things I did, so I will just post imagines of the progress of the build up to where I am now. Please let me know if you see anything that I need to address or change.Click image for larger version.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NorCal Ray; 02-10-2015 at 12:37 AM.