Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mounting Ideas for under dash Electronics

Post Thanks / Like

Question Mounting Ideas for under dash Electronics

My Hot Rod has a Coyote engine which requires the use of the Ford Power Distribution Module; I am planning on mounting this PDM under the dash behind the Vintage Air A/C evaporator;(with an aluminum base plate, etc.) this could present a problem down the road if there is a fault in one of these circuits, since the PDM will be up under the dash I won't be able to see the LED indicators or change a defective fuse that may be needed for trouble shooting. I was thinking of mounting some kind of retractable base that would allow the PDM to be dropped down from under the dash, then pushed back up again when finished and latched in position up under the dash until the next time it is needed.

My question is do any of you know where I can acquire such a mechanism?
    Or how have you mounted the PDM and how do you plan to access it during trouble shooting events?

thanks in advance,
    Nevin
    Nevin, AKA H. R. Lucky
    33 Hot Rod sn 524 build started 3/18/2013, First Start-5/09/2015, Go Cart-6/01/2015
    5.0 Coyote engine, 9in. Ford rear, 4 Link, Wilwood 12in. front brakes
    AC, power steering, FFR 17/18in. Hot Rod wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    You could use drawer slides set in vertical position to slide strait down attached to both sides then put a slide latch on the bottom that slides into a bracket in the side with a whole to latch it in the up position
    Sorry can't do a sketch from my pad
    Hope this helps
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like
    The last coyote powered HotRod I built had A/C in it. I mounted the electronics just to the left of the A/C unit. Just enough room between that and the throttle pedal. Might be an option for you. The wiring harness will not afford you much room to move it around. Consider picking up one of my inner firewall panels to mount everything to. Its thick enough that you can drill and tap into it if needed.
    Mike
    www.replicaparts.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by michael everson View Post
    The last coyote powered HotRod I built had A/C in it. I mounted the electronics just to the left of the A/C unit. Just enough room between that and the throttle pedal. Might be an option for you. The wiring harness will not afford you much room to move it around. Consider picking up one of my inner firewall panels to mount everything to. Its thick enough that you can drill and tap into it if needed.
    Mike
    www.replicaparts.com
    Yes thanks Mike, I already have one of your inner firewall panels, that's what I'm mounting the A/C evaporator to and I have plenty of room to mount the PDM but that doesn't eliminate the problem of getting to the fuses & LED's after the body is installed.
    Nevin, AKA H. R. Lucky
    33 Hot Rod sn 524 build started 3/18/2013, First Start-5/09/2015, Go Cart-6/01/2015
    5.0 Coyote engine, 9in. Ford rear, 4 Link, Wilwood 12in. front brakes
    AC, power steering, FFR 17/18in. Hot Rod wheels