Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Finishing the Build

Post Thanks / Like

Finishing the Build

After becoming disabled in the WTC 911 attacks, and having a lot of time on my hands and being home alone, in 2009 my wife purchased a complete MK3 Roadster Kit for me to keep me busy. By 2011, I had completed all the mechanicals. A friend of mine built me a 302 with a T5 transmission and we got the car up and running. All that remained was the body work, fitting the doors, hood, trunk, and the interior. At this point, due to several illnesses, and lack of experience in this area, I have let the car sit for the last four years. Anyhow, at this point, I would like to get the car finished. I live in northern New Jersey and have contacted several local restoration businesses about finishing the project. While I have not gotten any prices yet, all of them that I have contacted are not familiar with the Factory Five Roadster Kit. While I would like to keep costs down as much as possible and avoid paying for the learning curve of someone familiarizing themselves with the kit, I do not know of anyone in my immediate area with the experience to complete this project for me. If anyone has any input that would help, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Post Thanks / Like
    i'm certain that a few will chime in but the first person to come to mind is Michael Everson. He is located in Massachusetts, so not all that far from you. He is on the forum under his full name. Best of luck on your search, and feel free to fire away any questions. Lots of great people on here always ready to help.

I would suggest it may also be a good idea to fill out your profile a bit more so people can see where you are located at a quick glance. Also, pictures of the car as it stands are always good.
    Last edited by billjr212; 03-24-2015 at 03:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    You could search this forum and the other site for the Traveling Builder, Mark Dougherty. He travels to your place and finishes up builds for people like you. I think he has a very good reputation. HTH

Post Thanks / Like
    Replied to you on the other forum. I will be glad to talk to you about finishing your build.
    Mike