Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New APR Wing Mounting System Available!

Post Thanks / Like

New APR Wing Mounting System Available!

Hi guys,

I have to admit I'm a bit new to this forum. I've been building GTM's professionally for about 8 years now. I developed a wing mounting system for the GTM many years ago. I had another forum member here approach me about doing a wing mount set-up for the 818. I've been working with him over the past month to put something together that would fit the 818. We've pretty well finalized the design and are working on some possible add-ons that some of you seem to be also looking for, like incorporating some supports for the body in the rear as well as some protection for the shift linkage at the back of the car. If you're looking for a mounting system for the GTC-300 wing, we have everything here to do that for you. I also sell the APR GTC-300 wing, so the whole package can be ordered thru me. I see that some of you are also interested in the GT-250. I have APR sending me some pedestals for the GT-250 so that I can duplicate the upper mounting portion with all of the adjustment holes and make the lower portion compatible with my mounting system. If there is interest in this, I can probably have GT-250 wing stands available within the next month or so, and be able to sell you that wing as well, as it will have to be set up with the custom mount spacing required to fit my wing mount system.

This system (for either wing) mounts the wing directly to the chassis so there is zero contact or load on the body. The entire "sub-frame" is easily removable with 4 bolts so that you can get it out of your way if you have to do work on your engine or transaxle. I don't have anything posted on my website just yet, as we've still been in the prototype stages up til now. If anyone is interested in this, shoot me an email (via the contact info on my website) and I can share some photos of what we have developed so far.....and as I said above, if you already have a GTC-300, I already have everything here to supply you with everything you would need to build this mount yourself with the exception of about a 12' chunk of 1x1 square tube that you would have to purchase locally. It does require welding.

Looking forward to getting into the 818 community a bit more!

PS....please email me instead of sending me a PM.......
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    I opened this same thread up in the 818 general discussion section also with pics and prices. Just to keep everything in one thread, if you'd like to comment, please do it in that thread so I don't miss anything. Thanks!

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...stem-Available!
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts