BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Black Mamba --- now a daily driver!

East Coast Speed Machines Erik W. Treves's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Black Mamba --- now a daily driver!

Finally stopped raining and warmed up to 75* today.....soooooo.....ran home and got the car and drove back to work and to Walmart on the way home!!..... it ain't just a show car!!!

Cars in order... mine- Mustang 5XR (the prototype car-preproduction) - BIG turbo GTI - Fox mustang with Terminator engine.

Last edited by Erik W. Treves; 03-16-2015 at 05:25 PM.
    FFR 1879, Blown DSS 306,REDLINE management, VeryCoolParts Tuned 460RWHP

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

US ARMY Maintenance Test Pilot (CW4 Retired)

Post Thanks / Like
    Have to say yours is the sweetest of the 4 and the only one I would want in my garage (on the road) with me at the wheel
    only one sweeter is the Humvee with the rocket launcher. now that would be the ride for the 5:00 commute
    great to see it will be on the road
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like
    It is truly a beautiful car. I couldn't help but notice that you are running Hoosier tires. Having just moved to Indiana and being about 10 minutes from the Hoosier plant I have been toying with the idea of using them on my 2nd Roadster that has just been ordered. Could you tell me how you like them and what size they are. I ran BF Goodrich T/As on my first Roadster and just about anything would be better as far as grip goes.
    One FFR and one VFR. I like symmetry

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik W. Treves View Post
    Finally stopped raining and warmed up to 75* today.....soooooo.....ran home and got the car and drove back to work and to Walmart on the way home!!..... it ain't just a show car!!!

Cars in order... mine- Mustang 5XR (the prototype car-preproduction) - BIG turbo GTI - Fox mustang with Terminator engine.

Car looks great.... Whats that big green thing(its hard to see in the camo paint!) next to the fox body Mustang??
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    Avenger humvee

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

Post Thanks / Like
    Just turned over 300 miles on the car today. Was able to get the webers dialed in I think.. all the popping at the 2000 rpm cross over point is all gone (thanks Wayne), so I am very happy to drive it at full song now as well as light cruise. Looks like the webers are netting me around 14 mpg, but I have been playing with A LOT of WOT..lol... The ride of the Hoosiers is quite nice and they handle pretty darn well...while I don't advocate running the car to the limit on the street...I consider myself a spirited driver and they do exactly what I need them to do. Lateral grip is definitely adequate. Will have to try a SCCA event to see for sure...but I would buy them again for sure. THe FORTE hydraulic clutch is great... feel is nice and over all drivability is greatly improved over the stock cable set up. Foot box blower is a plus as well for this build... The only "strange" thing if you could call it that, is the degas tank....it is made out of some REALLY THIN aluminum and the tank holds quite a bit of water, so it acts like another radiator...so between the high efficiency FFR aluminum radiator and the degas tank - I am well cooled...almost too cooled. when it's in the 50's I have a tough time getting the t-stat to open unless I really am getting on it or I stay still for a bit...I fixed it before Christmas by blocking off half of the radiator and then the temps would stabilize. The Weber isolators are absolutely awesome... no more fuel boiling out of carbs on shutdown and fuel smell is gone...done... As far as my satisfaction with the build...from an execution and curb appeal, I would give it a 9 cause I have OSD and nothing is perfect...on the performance side (didn't build it for that), I would give it a qualified 7 of 10 and only because my body and mind still expect the GREEN LANTERN's 800 Foot Pounds of torque to be available on demand and I now have half that! It does sound WAY better though and I don't have to worry about ending up in the trees or counter steering at 100 mph...lol...

anyway...I will update from time to time as I click off the miles.... I have to change the oil now that I have a good 300 miles on the fresh motor...

enjoy the summer................

I KNOW I WILL !!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great report Erik! Keep enjoying the ride

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Grest to hear...I was going to ask you about those Hoosiers again and how they where doing..

Post Thanks / Like
    Are the Hoosiers throwing rocks like the billboards do?