Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dream Come True!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dream Come True!

11034896_10204993039559523_4370627528103923278_n.jpgSo after about 20 years, I am finally the proud owner of a FFR MK4. It arrived on Wednesday and work immediately began. After 2 1/2 days, my son and I have spent about 20 hours working on it. I never realized how long it would take to drill and rivet 1000 times. We have both been very sore but it is well worth it.

I am using a 1996 Cobra donor along with a base model. I have also purchased some new items just because it is simpler and I feel a little safer with them. There were a few items on back order (like the front springs) but we have managed to move forward without them.

We have ran into a few little snags here and there, but I have been able to work around them. Still having trouble trying to understand how the accelerator cable connects to the pedal box wall. I am sure there is a connector mixed in with the parts, I just cannot find it. Also had a little trouble with the brake pedal hitting the square tube. Some minor shaving fixed that.

If you have any ideas about the cable, please let me know. I am sure it is something very simple.
    Last edited by Paul R; 03-21-2015 at 12:00 PM.