Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: my cockpit

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by fact5racer; 03-30-2015 at 09:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    What wheel and hub is that? I'm considering ditching the OEM wheel. It's too close to my knees.

is that a real carbon dash?
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    That's that NRG QR but I had to do some machining to get it to work on the subaru column without the wheel being in my chest.
    The dash is the regular one with one layer of CF on the outside. One of the perks of living close to the factory and having built 15 cars over the years with my first one being their 100th kit sold. I had an extra backup camera on the shelf so I am using that as my full time rear view mirror. You can see the fire pull is mounted in the door along with the brake bias knob.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechie3 View Post
    What wheel and hub is that? I'm considering ditching the OEM wheel. It's too close to my knees.

is that a real carbon dash?

Post Thanks / Like
    Race car cup holder? I have questions, too: Are you saying that you just use the display as a rear-view mirror? Are you just going with the stock gauge cluster and that's it? Are you doing any data acquisition and might the big display show anything else? I ask because I am trying to decide on a display, ECU and data acquisition system for my car.
    It looks pretty business-like in there, especially with the diamond-plate on the sides. Good luck!

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That's a very functional looking cockpit! I was wondering if you have some sort of 90 degree gear for your brake bias knob or is there that much room in the door space for the cable to turn? I would get a cup holder cover for when not in use and put a FFR emblem on it, just saying.

Real nice.

WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scargo View Post
    Race car cup holder? I have questions, too: Are you saying that you just use the display as a rear-view mirror? Are you just going with the stock gauge cluster and that's it? Are you doing any data acquisition and might the big display show anything else? I ask because I am trying to decide on a display, ECU and data acquisition system for my car.
    It looks pretty business-like in there, especially with the diamond-plate on the sides. Good luck!
    The cup holder was sitting on my shelf and seeing this car will be street legal and I am addicted to Diet Pepsi, I figured why not? I make my all my cars street legal for two reasons: 1. future resale value and 2. I hate towing 12 hours only to discover there is something wrong with the car. I'm not meaning I am out terrorizing the public on public roads, (I save that for my GTM-X) , but just putting 20-30 miles on the car before loading it up to tow to the track can be priceless in making sure there's no overheating, leaks of any kind, God forbid a wheel is loose (has happened), etc.
    Yes, the monitor is only being used for full time rear view vision. Dave Smith keeps trying to lend me his Kelly Clarkson CD so in the future I may need to upgrade to a CD player to make him happy. I had an extra setup on the shelf and it weights damn near nothing and works great in my GTM-X so I figured I'd give it a try.

I am old school and will be utilizing two data loggers while on the track; My right and my left Butt cheek.
    Last edited by fact5racer; 03-31-2015 at 07:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=skullandbones;193688]That's a very functional looking cockpit! I was wondering if you have some sort of 90 degree gear for your brake bias knob or is there that much room in the door space for the cable to turn? I would get a cup holder cover for when not in use and put a FFR emblem on it, just saying.

Real nice.

QUOTE]

There is quite a big cavity in the door panel and I am pretty sure that won't be an issue with the cable.

Hoping to have the car finished by the end of April.
    Last edited by fact5racer; 03-31-2015 at 06:54 PM.