Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: t-56 vs t-56 magnum fitment question

Post Thanks / Like

t-56 vs t-56 magnum fitment question

I wanted to see if anyone knows what the part number is or where to find an original t-56 transmission. I'm also considering and hoping that the t-56 magnum will bolt up the same as the stock t-56, is this the case or will i run into problems? I'm aware of many people modifying the transmission tunnel and drive shaft but is there anything else that i have to worry about? any other insight, experience, words of wisdom about this would be great as well, thank you.
    My build site : www.ScootinThunder33.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hope this Helps w/Trans Dimensions

Greetings,

I'm planning a fall 2015 build with Coyote & T56 Magnum and have the same questions. Below I have listed the best info on the dimension portion of your question I have found. Hope it helps.

B/W T56 - https://summitracing.custhelp.com/ap...6%20dimensions

Tremec T56 Magnum (link to google page-download the PDF File) https://www.google.com/#safe=off&q=t...num+dimensions

Let us know what you come up with as far as fitment as I have no FFR hardware until later this year. I'm planning a 4-Link and moving the rear axle back approx. 1-inch to better accommodate fenders and overall look (as recommended by other forum posts).

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a message from tremec today for anyone else as novice as myself....

Hello,

"Yes the Magnum and the t56 share the same front bolt pattern and the overall case size is the same. The magnum also offers adjustable shifter locations, Meaning it can be moved on the trans to work with different consoles.

Thanks Joel Conklin"

Jake, I'm doing a very close build to yours, coyote, 3 link t56 , my build thread is over here if interested.
    My build site : www.ScootinThunder33.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I was researching this same thing about 6 months ago for my build. I was hoping to find a production Ford, Chevy, or Chrysler vehicle that came equipped with a TR6060 / T56 Magnum but they all had the shifter locations too far back for my comfort. I went with a T56 (not magnum) out of a 98-02 SS Camaro, and the shifter location is PERFECT! My engine is a Chevy LSx.

I'm sure you could go to American Powertrain and get the to build whatever you want, but I did not have the budget for that premium cost.