Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: advice/help on where to mount fuse panel

Post Thanks / Like

advice/help on where to mount fuse panel

I got a newer kit and it came with the updated fuel tank and firewall. The instructions are telling me to mount the fuse panel behind the firewall just above the fuel tank. well, the firewall is flush against the metal tubing under the roll bars and there is only about 2 inches of space between the top of the fuel tank and the horizontal part of the firewall. Is there a revision in the manual addressing this, or has anyone figured out how to mount the box with the new tank and firewall? I am using the stock harness. I have searched the forum but everything I found is working with the old fuel tank. I'm basically stuck and cant go any farther on the build until I address this, any help is appreciated. thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the stock harness and found that the fuseboxes fit much better up front. If you check my build thread you will see that I mounted the mainbox upfront above the battery and the passenger compartment fusebox under the dash. I pretty much copied what Rori did.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's where I had it at first and it seemed to make sense but I moved it to follow the directions. That'll learn me. LoL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine are in the upper most right hand corner of the passenger foot box, right above the dead pedal for passenger
    Tony Nadalin
    2018 SOVREN Big Bore Champion
    2015 SCCA Oregon Region VP3 Champion
    2012 ICSCC ITE Class Champion
    FFR MkII Challenge Car, Spec Racer, Street Legal, SCCA, ICSCC and NASA Racing
    818R Build in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    I located mine right at the front of the tunnel. I don't have a picture posted in the thread of the most recent mounting brackets, but you can see where I planned to locate it at the time I took the pictures.
    I think its post #129

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...y-s-818S/page4
    Last edited by Harley818; 04-28-2015 at 01:08 PM.
    Harley
    Bought 2002 Donor Jan 2014
    First Start Jan 18, 2015
    First Drive Feb 14, 2015

Post Thanks / Like
    I located my Main fuse box above the right foot box. I deleted the tan fusebox.
    Don't base your decisions on me. I re-engineered the whole harness.
    Bob
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    _20150428_205402.JPG
    This is where I ended up putting it. Any for see any issues I might have in the future having it here?