Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Resevoir Location going to interfer with body or hood

Post Thanks / Like

Resevoir Location going to interfer with body or hood

Been looking at a bunch of the photos of how you builders have located the brake reservoirs on the engine firewall.......on the outside. I located mine this way with about 1" to an 1 1/2" below the rim of the upper firewall. Is this location going to interfere with the body line around the firewall?

Thanks,

Andy

EFI Rules and Carbs Drool Arrowhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    No ,they will clear fine where they are - but.... The one on the right is mounted kind of low. You need to be able to gravity feed into the master cylinders - so the top level of the reservoir needs be a few inches higher than the master cylinder. You might be cutting it close with that one. You could probably mount it right next to the one on the left at the same height and still not hit the hood. (as long as you are below the top edge of the firewall you are fine)

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this is an older thread, but I mounted my single reservoir (clutch reservoir, since I used power brakes) in about the same place. No interference with mounting the main body - but you will run into a big problem with the rear hood pin receiver!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If everything seems to be coming your way, you're probably in the wrong lane."