Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2015 Open House

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good afternoon Mr. Button.

In 2007, I saw a complete line of Factory Five cars, and I fell in love with the GTM. I spoke to the guys from Whitby Motorcars at the show trailer, and was given the FFR product DVD. I pretty much wore that thing out until I finally received my GTM kit. One of the coolest parts of the DVD for me, was a quick story about a man called "The Traveler". To this day, I still get a kick out of watching that short story with you and some other factory five enthusiasts heading out to Vegas. I knew right then, that was what these cars are really all about. Sure they're cool, and fun to drive, and they get a ton of attention... But more than that, they open doors to friendships and "journeys" that I would have otherwise never had. I have been very fortunate to meet some of these guys, and am now able to count them as great friends.

There are various "things" that truly epitomize what it means to build a Factory Five Racing car. And somewhere in the back of my head, I think that "The Traveler" was in there pushing me forward so I could finish my project. Because, as I am slowly learning, the completion of the project is really just the first step of the journey.

I truly wish that I could make it to the Open House, and be able to meet you. I think that would be really cool.

Enjoy your run from Texas to Massachusetts (and back) Mr FFR.

If you happen to make it back through Charlotte, there is a place to stay, good food, and cold beer (if you want it) waiting for you.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 05-28-2015 at 04:36 PM.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081