Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello From California

Post Thanks / Like

Hello From California

Just want to say hello to everyone. I don't own a FFR car yet but hoping to order my kit by year's end, maybe a Christmas present for myself. Well, actually it would be a project that my 15 year son and I can work on together, most likely he would inherit the car later anyway. It's hard to compete with Xbox and the new-found interest in girls so hopefully we'll have a bonding experience with this project. My initial plans are for the MkIV Roadster with a modern modular engine and transmission, IRS, Wilwood brakes. I guess I'll have plenty of time to look at what you guys have done so maybe plans will change. Hope to make some friends along the way and hopefully make it out to the next event.

Joe

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    HI Joe,

Happy to hear there will be another roadster out there. Maybe we will meet at the Huntington Beach Cruise In next year or the next. You definitely will have an interesting journey building the roadster even if your son looses interest along the way. It's hard to compete with girls at that age. Although if he makes the connection with Cobra chick magnet and building my own sort of, he will be hard to get rid of. Either way: good luck and welcome to the madness!

WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks WEK. I was beyond disappointed when I realized I had missed this year's cruise in Huntington Beach by a mere two days. I live about 20 minutes away and it would have been a perfect time to meet some of you guys and to see your accomplishments with FFR builds. Aw shucks! There's always next year, right? I won't tell my wife about your "Cobra chick magnet", some things are better left unsaid.

By the way, I have to sell my '65 first before moving on to the MkIV Roadster.

PICT0128.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope to be watching you build soon! My 15 (now 16) year old son and I have been working on an 818 for the last year and having a great time. School has gotten in the way, but it has been a lot of fun to work on together.
    -Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum Joe. You will enjoy the build experience with your son. Nice looking Mustang. I live up in Fresno, so a bit of a drive but if you ever want to get together let me know.
    Doug
    Built FFR5196 MKII in 2003, 427w
    Building FFR0058HR, Edlebrock 347-AOD