FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: JLL IN SA, New to the forum

Post Thanks / Like

JLL IN SA, New to the forum

I'm an ex SCCA racer thinking about building his first hot rod. I'm torn between the '33 hot rod and the MK4 Roadster. Any comments would be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. They both are great builds, it just depends on what you want. The roadster will turn a lot of heads just from its shape while the 33 will turn heads more for the quality you put into it.
    Doug
    Built FFR5196 MKII in 2003, 427w
    Building FFR0058HR, Edlebrock 347-AOD

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That's a tough choice. I am drawn to both. Of course, the roadster is one of if not the iconic top of the heap for muscle cars. The early thirties hot rod is what started hot rodding. If you want more possibilities such as regular roadster, chopped wind shield, and hardtop then FFR makes it easy to create a swatch project. I thought about it but the hot rod project had not come very far when I was thinking of the build. Now there are all kinds of opportunities and unique builds. It's hard to beat the beauty of the roadster though. I still go out to the garage and just look at it sometimes. Maybe you will have to build both. Just choose which one first. If I was going to show the car, I would definitely do the 33 hot rod as it will show better, IMO. Examples are the differential can be seen easily (like a jag rear or quick change), the engine bay has so many options like with or without curtains or no hood at all. Yeah, it's a tough one to answer but how can you lose? I love my roadster. It fits me like a glove and I have never driven anything that was as much fun!

Good luck making your decision.

WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    San Antonio TX?