Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: VIR SAAC 36 on Memorial Day Weekend

Post Thanks / Like

VIR SAAC 36 on Memorial Day Weekend

If the weather holds, we'll load the camping gear and be on the road to VIR on Friday.
    Always a great event for all things Cobra and vintage Mustang.
    SVT and newer ****** stuff for those inclined.
    PHILLIP, They call the wind MARIAH.
    "Against all enemies, foreign and domestic"
    Marines lend an air of dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. FFR#3175, Wimbledon/Guardsman, 302 Carb, CobraEarl's Footbox & Touring Trunk, Snapless Tonneau Cover, fabricated Luggage Rack, Whitby Hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never been to VIR or a SAAC event. Any suggestions as to what I need to look forward to? Tips on the trip?

Post Thanks / Like
    3k, I'm not sure where you would travel from, but VIR in the rolling hills of southwest Virginia is one beautiful and historic track. Their web site should give you something to compare to your experiences. The ****** American club meets annually and were at VIR 3-4 years ago. At that event were about 36+ original Cobras of all types and a 100+ ****** Mustangs of all years. In addition, this event is sponsored by the SVT folks, so those models will be in attendance also. There will be some vintage racing and lots of exposure to these unique cars in a beautiful setting. MARIAH is Wimbledon/Guardsman with a hardtop and you'll find us near our tent. Come on down!
    Marines lend an air of dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. FFR#3175, Wimbledon/Guardsman, 302 Carb, CobraEarl's Footbox & Touring Trunk, Snapless Tonneau Cover, fabricated Luggage Rack, Whitby Hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm planning on being there at least Saturday, hope to see you guys. Generally a great show with wheel to wheel track action and some very nice cars.
    Thanks
    Jeff

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    As noted VIR is like racing around a golf course, the grass in the infield is always lush, thick and soft! If you can get some track time... taking the Oak tree turn at speed, rear tires hanging out, trying to find grip, as you line the car up for the long straight, makes it all the more fun!
    Ralph Button
    FFR 1436 (PROUD Owner of an Original Mark I)
    400,013 miles as of 11/1/2009
    417,840 miles as of 8/12/2010
    435,021 miles as of 12/19/2011
    Now a well broken in 347 engine
    523,145 miles as of 7/29/2014
    601,165 miles as of 6/1/2018
    615,215 miles as of 4/23/2022

"It's not about the destination, it's the about the journey. And where is your journey taking you?"

"... Not all who wander are lost!... --J.R.R. Tolkien

Post Thanks / Like
    Chepsk8 and I will be there assisting with tech, registration, driving instruction for newbies, and just about anything else that needs to be done.....

Look for us there.

Bill S.
    Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
    Chepsk8 and I will be there assisting with tech, registration, driving instruction for newbies, and just about anything else that needs to be done.....

Look for us there.

Bill S.
    Bill,
    I'll be one of the newbies. I'm registered for my 1st track event that weekend - Saturday and Sunday. My goal is to have a safe experience while learning to drive semi-fast - and definitely don't want to damage my car or anyone elses.

Really looking forward to the weekend. It should be quite an event - hoping for lots of sunshine. See you guys there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tad View Post
    Bill,
    I'll be one of the newbies. I'm registered for my 1st track event that weekend - Saturday and Sunday. My goal is to have a safe experience while learning to drive semi-fast - and definitely don't want to damage my car or anyone elses.

Really looking forward to the weekend. It should be quite an event - hoping for lots of sunshine. See you guys there!
    Excellent mind set right from the start...........You'll do just fine as long as you remember it's not how fast you go but how smooth and consistent you go around the track. Speed comes later...........Look forward to seeing you there.

Bill S.
    Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like I won't have my Mk 4 legal in time so I'll have to drive my Fiat pickup truck instead. Hmmm I wonder if Vipers are Fiat products now?
    Are there any good or bad places to get parked in? Since its my first trip there I won't have a clue.

Post Thanks / Like
    After you pass through the gate for a ticket.
    A left turn will take you to the Oak Tree Turn and a view of the long straightaway.
    A right turn will take you over the bridge above the track. Keep right and then anywhere on the hill on your right.