Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JD's 818C Build - Maple Valley, WA

Post Thanks / Like
    Any damage to the radiator or did you wrap it? Getting ready to do an open tow of my 818S kit to PA and we are at about the same spot in our builds - thanks!
    220,221 whatever it takes....

Post Thanks / Like
    no damage that I can tell... but in hindsight, a layer of 1/4 plywood in front of it might not have been a bad idea. It was very last minute change in plans to tow...

Post Thanks / Like
    Update on the build... it has been a while since I last posted. The car has traveled more unbuilt than maybe any other car. I started building the car before the birth of my daughter in Maple Valley, WA, moved to New Hampshire, kept working on the car. As a result of taking a new job on the west coast, moved back to Maple Valley, WA. From my calculations, the car has traveled 12,000 + miles over the course of its life between coasts. I have had my ups and downs with the build. In the end, I have loved the experience of the entire process, including the struggles. With that being said, I came across a project that I could not pass up and decided to sell my 818C in an unfinished state. I made it to the body work portion of the project before ultimately letting it go to a startup company in the Bay area working on a designing a product for the EV market. I am really excited to see what they do with the car. In the days to come, I will be posting some parts I have for sale that others may be interested in to complete their projects. I want to thank this amazing community for the help they have provided along the way as well as the entire staff at factory five for providing the community with amazing cars we can build in our backyards.

When the time is right, my next FactoryFive car will be a roadster so that I can follow in my dad's footsteps, although I doubt, I will earn the title, "The traveler" as he has.

Oh yeah, that project I could not pass up... the first car I ever worked on with my dad was a Porsche Kit car based on a VW chassis. So, it seems a bit fitting that with the limited assistance of my 6-year-old daughter, I am now working on bringing back to a life a 1967 Porsche 912. If you want to follow that journey, PM me and I will drop a link to that forum.

Again, Factory Five, thank you for the product you make and the dreams you help bring to reality.
    Last edited by SnyderJD; 01-19-2022 at 09:02 AM.

4. Likes Bob_n_Cincy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some priceless memories along the journey...

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    On to the next chapter with my daughter....

Last edited by SnyderJD; 01-19-2022 at 09:02 AM.

8. Likes aquillen, Rob T liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12