With the 3/4 mustang pedal box spacers, the pedal was too close to the firewall, I decided that I could shorten up the spacers quite a bit.

image.jpg

I searched my garage for half an hour looking for the spacers I knew I had...no luck. I took a drive to Lowes, but they only had long spacers. Off to ACE, they always have all kinds of specialty hardware. I picked up some chrome 3/8 and 1/2 spacers. As soon as I walked back in the garage, I found the spacers I had from before...figures.

Next step, I built a cover plate to cover all the holes in the firewall.
image.jpg

I used a 2 1/8 hole saw to cut the hole to seal against the register. To my surprise, first cut was dead on, no filing or trimming required.
image.jpg

I first tried the 1/2 spacers, but the center register was hitting the firewall, so I needed to trim it. i first tried to screw a piece of wood to the back and use the 2 1/8 hole saw, but it was walking around too much. I finally just got out my die grinder with a metal cutting bit and shaved it to clear.

Now it fit great, so I tried the 3/8 spacers, still have good clearance, and the pedal is up where I want it.
image.jpg

In retrospect I probably should have bought the 1/4 spacers too, they would have fit just fine.