BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 06 wrx steering rack fitment?

Post Thanks / Like

06 wrx steering rack fitment?

My local junk yard has an 02 wrx I may be pulling the rack out of. But before I do it can anyone tell me how much more work an 06 wrx rack would be to install? I'm on wait for my 818c but I'm trying to collect everything before the junk yard crushes the 02 wrx. But I know the 06 wrx has the sti rack which sounds like a much better rack to go with but I also don't want to have to go to crazy trying to get it to work.

Post Thanks / Like
    It should just bolt right up. Mine did. The mounting points are all the same, just make sure you get the bushings from the same year.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 2004 rack in mine and the ratio is plenty quick for street driving. I'm not sure what else you are referring to when indicating the 06 wrx/sti rack is "much better."

Agreed with Mechie re: matching up the bushings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billjr212 View Post
    I have a 2004 rack in mine and the ratio is plenty quick for street driving. I'm not sure what else you are referring to when indicating the 06 wrx/sti rack is "much better."

Agreed with Mechie re: matching up the bushings.

Ohh I'm fine with an 04 as well! I was just checking to see that the 06 will fit as well. I know 04 sti is same bolt pattern for 02-04 WRXs I just didn't know if there was any issues for the later models since most subi guys have to use less mounting points to install later years on an 02-04 WRX. Solves that question though thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redfogo View Post
    Ohh I'm fine with an 04 as well! I was just checking to see that the 06 will fit as well. I know 04 sti is same bolt pattern for 02-04 WRXs I just didn't know if there was any issues for the later models since most subi guys have to use less mounting points to install later years on an 02-04 WRX. Solves that question though thanks guys!
    To be clear - mine is a 2004 WRX rack, not STi.

Post Thanks / Like
    06 wrx rack in mine. No issue.