ReinCarNation

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
Results 1,041 to 1,059 of 1059

Thread: Jazzman’s #8745 "Flip Top" Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting. So did you do the other side the same?
    Glad you figured it out before it became an expensive lesson.
    Been meaning to text you and see if you have been getting out and driving an enjoying the car?
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottscobra

Not a waxer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well there ya' go! Glad you sorted it out As you well know after we investigated further the leading hypothesis was that the wheel was interfering on the center and not seating properly but lacking the proper measuring tools we couldn't verify it. We also didn't have the instructions but even if we had it's a safe bet that there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell that we would have consulted them!

Drive on Kevin

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    Well there ya' go! Glad you sorted it out As you well know after we investigated further the leading hypothesis was that the wheel was interfering on the center and not seating properly but lacking the proper measuring tools we couldn't verify it. We also didn't have the instructions but even if we had it's a safe bet that there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell that we would have consulted them!

Drive on Kevin

Jeff
    That is so True!! Thanks again for all of the help!!
    Jazzman
    MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster Ordered 7/30/15. Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, IRS w. 3.55 final, 18" Hallibrands, dual rollbars, custom Zebrawood Dash. Delivered 11/25/15, First Start 12/24/16, First Go Cart, 1/6/17, Licensed and Legal 11/20/17. | Build Thread | Frame Dolly Plan

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been following this build in awe of the guts it takes to cut up a car and turn it into a complete vision.

Glad that warped wheel was a simple fix. one observation... if you had that spacer wrong during the final wheel alignment I'd consider going back and getting it checked again.

Just goes to show you never stop learning or doing. even when its finished it really isn't.

Keep the photos of this beauty coming.

Chris AKA Gromit

Post Thanks / Like
    Kevin, I'm glad it was such as easy fix. I'm also pleased to hear that even one of our idols, Jeff Kleiner, is like us mortals in not reading the instructions.

This is also a reminder of the WORST part of DIY: there's nobody else to blame! I've had to yell at myself and threaten to sue myself many times.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW, just WOW. I've been reading this post from start to finish over the past week and am truly amazed at how this turned out after all the extensive mods and "learning experiences". You have a great build and should be extremely proud of it.

I've recently been lurking in the roadster build area after spending the past 1+ years following the 818 forum. I've decided to pass on the 818 and will now build a Cobra roadster, which was always my dream to begin with. Although the roadster is more expensive to build than the 818, it seems to have been better developed and produces a better quality product than the 818. Time to sell my Subaru donor car and further prepare for the Cobra!

I hope it will be as rewarding to build as those whose threads I've read, including yours. I have little doubt that it will.

Cheers!
    Russ

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromit View Post
    I've been following this build in awe of the guts it takes to cut up a car and turn it into a complete vision.

Glad that warped wheel was a simple fix. one observation... if you had that spacer wrong during the final wheel alignment I'd consider going back and getting it checked again.

Just goes to show you never stop learning or doing. even when its finished it really isn't.

Keep the photos of this beauty coming.

Chris AKA Gromit
    Thanks, Gromit, I had not thought of that. That is a really excellent idea. One more thing to do!!
    Jazzman
    MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster Ordered 7/30/15. Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, IRS w. 3.55 final, 18" Hallibrands, dual rollbars, custom Zebrawood Dash. Delivered 11/25/15, First Start 12/24/16, First Go Cart, 1/6/17, Licensed and Legal 11/20/17. | Build Thread | Frame Dolly Plan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnCarNut View Post
    WOW, just WOW. I've been reading this post from start to finish over the past week and am truly amazed at how this turned out after all the extensive mods and "learning experiences". You have a great build and should be extremely proud of it.

I've recently been lurking in the roadster build area after spending the past 1+ years following the 818 forum. I've decided to pass on the 818 and will now build a Cobra roadster, which was always my dream to begin with. Although the roadster is more expensive to build than the 818, it seems to have been better developed and produces a better quality product than the 818. Time to sell my Subaru donor car and further prepare for the Cobra!

I hope it will be as rewarding to build as those whose threads I've read, including yours. I have little doubt that it will.

Cheers!
    Russ
    If your going to do it, follow your passion! If the Roadster is your dream, do it! Don't settle. And YES, it will be more rewarding than you can possibly imagine! It is one of the best decisions I have ever made. My only regret is that I couldn't have started about 15 years earlier and gotten my kids involved.

Thank you for your kind words. There have been a lot of learning experiences, but much like the rest of life, they make us stronger. Tonight I showed the car to three more friends who had not seen the finished product. They commented that they were really impressed, but so much more so because I actually built it! It is a wonderfully surreal experience to drive something you built! I can't stop smiling!!
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey there Jazzman,
    I just wanted to take a moment to say Congratulations on your Best of Show award and your Fantastic build! Been following, and am a fan.
    Dave
    Dave
    Mk 3.1 - #6882 - 5.0L 302 - FiTech EFI - 3-Link - 3.08 Ratio - 15" Wheels
    Greenhorn and doing the best I can
    My photos are at: My Flickr acct
    Videos are at: YouTube Videos
    Blog @ BuildaRoadster.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DadofThree View Post
    Hey there Jazzman,
    I just wanted to take a moment to say Congratulations on your Best of Show award and your Fantastic build! Been following, and am a fan.
    Dave
    Thank you Dave, but anyone that is a Dad of Three and as proud of it as you are is my hero! Keep up the good work, Dad!
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    I doing a bit of cleaning out of the garage. I am selling and giving away several unused parts. Check out the entire list HERE. More items added as I have time.
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on your win Jazzman!! The color you have on the car is beautiful! Oh, and thanks for the detailed build thread and advice. I've gone back to your thread many times making notes for my up coming journey. Many Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cv2065 View Post
    Congrats on your win Jazzman!! The color you have on the car is beautiful! Oh, and thanks for the detailed build thread and advice. I've gone back to your thread many times making notes for my up coming journey. Many Thanks!!
    Thanks CV! I am so pleased that you have gotten something out of my tome. Are you considering doing a flip top? 2BKing and I have worked together to put together complete step by step plans and a full instruction manual on every step of the Flip Top Modification. If you are interested, contact 2BKing. I, of course, would be happy to help as well.
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    Thanks CV! I am so pleased that you have gotten something out of my tome. Are you considering doing a flip top? 2BKing and I have worked together to put together complete step by step plans and a full instruction manual on every step of the Flip Top Modification. If you are interested, contact 2BKing. I, of course, would be happy to help as well.
    Thanks Bud! Not going the flip top route. That's probably a little more than I want to tackle at this point, but I certainly lived vicariously through you and your build thread, as it came out stunning! I appreciate the generous offer from you both.

Post Thanks / Like
    The PS door latch, marked as "LS", was getting loose. I had wondered about just screwing it in. I decided to pull it off and install rivnuts. I used 10x24s because I had them and the matching rivnuts. Worked great. I regreased the mechanism while I was there. A little blue loctite on thd new mounting bolts just to be safe. Works good now.

I decided to do the DS just to be safe. I went to remove the cover, and discovered it was attached on the inside with double sided tape. I had not noticed that there were no screws holding it on. I don't know who did it or when it happened, but the mounting screws that hold the cover on had been broken off in their holes. Dont think there is any fixing that in such cheap metal. Does anybody happen to have an extra DS door latch, probably marked "RH"?
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you interior guys break it and not tell you?
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottscobra

Post Thanks / Like
    Kevin-

Seems to me that damage like that had to have happened when it was in the shop getting the interior done, as Scott said. I am really sorry this happened!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear that Jazzman. The real tragedy is them not telling you and fixing it with double sided tape. That's pretty poor form....

Post Thanks / Like
    Jazzman, aka Neighbor, Fellow FFR Enthusiast, etc.,

Thanks so much for your recent acceptance of me to be involved with the debut of your awesome MKIV Roadster, Fliptop and then helping to scope out my order list for the FFR Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe!!! As you know, I placed the order last Saturday and I'm thrilled about it.
    Besides the deserved Thanks, I'm trying to accumulate forum postings to get to and beyond the 20 and then initiate my Build Log.

Bob

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627