Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  25
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,080 of 1104

Thread: Jazzman’s #8745 "Flip Top" Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting. So did you do the other side the same?
    Glad you figured it out before it became an expensive lesson.
    Been meaning to text you and see if you have been getting out and driving an enjoying the car?
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Well there ya' go! Glad you sorted it out As you well know after we investigated further the leading hypothesis was that the wheel was interfering on the center and not seating properly but lacking the proper measuring tools we couldn't verify it. We also didn't have the instructions but even if we had it's a safe bet that there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell that we would have consulted them!

Drive on Kevin

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    Well there ya' go! Glad you sorted it out As you well know after we investigated further the leading hypothesis was that the wheel was interfering on the center and not seating properly but lacking the proper measuring tools we couldn't verify it. We also didn't have the instructions but even if we had it's a safe bet that there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell that we would have consulted them!

Drive on Kevin

Jeff
    That is so True!! Thanks again for all of the help!!
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been following this build in awe of the guts it takes to cut up a car and turn it into a complete vision.

Glad that warped wheel was a simple fix. one observation... if you had that spacer wrong during the final wheel alignment I'd consider going back and getting it checked again.

Just goes to show you never stop learning or doing. even when its finished it really isn't.

Keep the photos of this beauty coming.

Chris AKA Gromit

Post Thanks / Like
    Kevin, I'm glad it was such as easy fix. I'm also pleased to hear that even one of our idols, Jeff Kleiner, is like us mortals in not reading the instructions.

This is also a reminder of the WORST part of DIY: there's nobody else to blame! I've had to yell at myself and threaten to sue myself many times.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW, just WOW. I've been reading this post from start to finish over the past week and am truly amazed at how this turned out after all the extensive mods and "learning experiences". You have a great build and should be extremely proud of it.

I've recently been lurking in the roadster build area after spending the past 1+ years following the 818 forum. I've decided to pass on the 818 and will now build a Cobra roadster, which was always my dream to begin with. Although the roadster is more expensive to build than the 818, it seems to have been better developed and produces a better quality product than the 818. Time to sell my Subaru donor car and further prepare for the Cobra!

I hope it will be as rewarding to build as those whose threads I've read, including yours. I have little doubt that it will.

Cheers!
    Russ

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromit View Post
    I've been following this build in awe of the guts it takes to cut up a car and turn it into a complete vision.

Glad that warped wheel was a simple fix. one observation... if you had that spacer wrong during the final wheel alignment I'd consider going back and getting it checked again.

Just goes to show you never stop learning or doing. even when its finished it really isn't.

Keep the photos of this beauty coming.

Chris AKA Gromit
    Thanks, Gromit, I had not thought of that. That is a really excellent idea. One more thing to do!!
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnCarNut View Post
    WOW, just WOW. I've been reading this post from start to finish over the past week and am truly amazed at how this turned out after all the extensive mods and "learning experiences". You have a great build and should be extremely proud of it.

I've recently been lurking in the roadster build area after spending the past 1+ years following the 818 forum. I've decided to pass on the 818 and will now build a Cobra roadster, which was always my dream to begin with. Although the roadster is more expensive to build than the 818, it seems to have been better developed and produces a better quality product than the 818. Time to sell my Subaru donor car and further prepare for the Cobra!

I hope it will be as rewarding to build as those whose threads I've read, including yours. I have little doubt that it will.

Cheers!
    Russ
    If your going to do it, follow your passion! If the Roadster is your dream, do it! Don't settle. And YES, it will be more rewarding than you can possibly imagine! It is one of the best decisions I have ever made. My only regret is that I couldn't have started about 15 years earlier and gotten my kids involved.

Thank you for your kind words. There have been a lot of learning experiences, but much like the rest of life, they make us stronger. Tonight I showed the car to three more friends who had not seen the finished product. They commented that they were really impressed, but so much more so because I actually built it! It is a wonderfully surreal experience to drive something you built! I can't stop smiling!!
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey there Jazzman,
    I just wanted to take a moment to say Congratulations on your Best of Show award and your Fantastic build! Been following, and am a fan.
    Dave
    Dave
    Mk 3.1 - #6882 - 5.0L 302 - FiTech EFI - 3-Link - 3.08 Ratio - 15" Wheels
    Greenhorn and doing the best I can
    My photos are at: My Flickr acct
    Videos are at: YouTube Videos

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DadofThree View Post
    Hey there Jazzman,
    I just wanted to take a moment to say Congratulations on your Best of Show award and your Fantastic build! Been following, and am a fan.
    Dave
    Thank you Dave, but anyone that is a Dad of Three and as proud of it as you are is my hero! Keep up the good work, Dad!
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    I doing a bit of cleaning out of the garage. I am selling and giving away several unused parts. Check out the entire list HERE. More items added as I have time.
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on your win Jazzman!! The color you have on the car is beautiful! Oh, and thanks for the detailed build thread and advice. I've gone back to your thread many times making notes for my up coming journey. Many Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cv2065 View Post
    Congrats on your win Jazzman!! The color you have on the car is beautiful! Oh, and thanks for the detailed build thread and advice. I've gone back to your thread many times making notes for my up coming journey. Many Thanks!!
    Thanks CV! I am so pleased that you have gotten something out of my tome. Are you considering doing a flip top? 2BKing and I have worked together to put together complete step by step plans and a full instruction manual on every step of the Flip Top Modification. If you are interested, contact 2BKing. I, of course, would be happy to help as well.
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    Thanks CV! I am so pleased that you have gotten something out of my tome. Are you considering doing a flip top? 2BKing and I have worked together to put together complete step by step plans and a full instruction manual on every step of the Flip Top Modification. If you are interested, contact 2BKing. I, of course, would be happy to help as well.
    Thanks Bud! Not going the flip top route. That's probably a little more than I want to tackle at this point, but I certainly lived vicariously through you and your build thread, as it came out stunning! I appreciate the generous offer from you both.

Post Thanks / Like
    The PS door latch, marked as "LS", was getting loose. I had wondered about just screwing it in. I decided to pull it off and install rivnuts. I used 10x24s because I had them and the matching rivnuts. Worked great. I regreased the mechanism while I was there. A little blue loctite on thd new mounting bolts just to be safe. Works good now.

I decided to do the DS just to be safe. I went to remove the cover, and discovered it was attached on the inside with double sided tape. I had not noticed that there were no screws holding it on. I don't know who did it or when it happened, but the mounting screws that hold the cover on had been broken off in their holes. Dont think there is any fixing that in such cheap metal. Does anybody happen to have an extra DS door latch, probably marked "RH"?
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you interior guys break it and not tell you?
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Kevin-

Seems to me that damage like that had to have happened when it was in the shop getting the interior done, as Scott said. I am really sorry this happened!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear that Jazzman. The real tragedy is them not telling you and fixing it with double sided tape. That's pretty poor form....

Post Thanks / Like
    Jazzman, aka Neighbor, Fellow FFR Enthusiast, etc.,

Thanks so much for your recent acceptance of me to be involved with the debut of your awesome MKIV Roadster, Fliptop and then helping to scope out my order list for the FFR Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe!!! As you know, I placed the order last Saturday and I'm thrilled about it.
    Besides the deserved Thanks, I'm trying to accumulate forum postings to get to and beyond the 20 and then initiate my Build Log.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Just finished reading your thread. Hope you’re continuing to enjoy the MKIV. We will be relocating to AZ in about two years and will be doing an MKIV there ourselves. Hope to see you around the community there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZachT View Post
    Just finished reading your thread. Hope you’re continuing to enjoy the MKIV. We will be relocating to AZ in about two years and will be doing an MKIV there ourselves. Hope to see you around the community there.
    Not sure where you are now, but I think your decisions are good ones! (Both moving to AZ and building an MKIV!) By all means, look me up when you get here. We have a small but growing band of FFR enthusists here. I am glad to help you spend your money!! The only part I don't get is the two year delay!! You'll love it here!
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like

The Three Year Anniversary

Today will always be a sentimental day for me. Three years ago today (technically the day before Thanksgiving, three years ago) I began my journey to build the MKIV Roadster. I recall being both excited beyond words and saddened at the same time. There were some early winter storms that year that delayed the truck from arriving. I did not expect the delivery until after Thanksgiving, and had organized a small party for the delivery date. I was very excited when I received the call that the driver wanted to deliver the car BEFORE Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, this also meant that there could be no one there to celebrate it with me! Oh well, I was very excited none the less!

Today I have a completed MKIV, and more importantly, a treasure trove of memories of the build process. What a great learning experience. What a great group of people on this forum. The skills I learned and the confidence I developed led me to take on another project, this one a full on RestoMod of a 1967 Mustang Coupe. (Build thread below, though I haven't done much on it recently!!)

So Today, on the third anniversary of delivery of my MKIV, I will finally release the professional photographs of "FlipTop". A big "THANK YOU" to everyone who made such an impact in my build process! Your assistance is built right into every part of my Roadster.

Jazzman

23. Likes PeteMeindl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Kevin,

I’ve followed your build from the beginning.... there are a few people on here I put up on a pedistal for ingenuity, beauty, dedication and a few other nice words. And you are one of them. Your build was amazing and it showed it by the award you received in Huntington Beach. I’m glad I got to see it in person and to actually meet you there this year. Your one of my inspirations for our build. (I just need to get going on it lol) Your car is stunning in your new pictures, but they don’t do it justice as much as in person.
    Congratulations again on a fantastic build! And happy anniversary!

Kurt
    If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough....

Build thread

MKIV complete kit # 9395 delivered 7/31/18

Post Thanks / Like
    Ps The wood in your car reminds me (although fake lol) of the wood around the clock above the glove box on my moms 69 Mustang Grande I rode home in new when I was 9 years old. lol
    I can’t wait to see where your 67 goes....
    I’ve had a 66, 68 and a 69

Kurt
    Last edited by SSNK4US; 11-22-2018 at 01:20 AM.
    If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough....

Build thread

MKIV complete kit # 9395 delivered 7/31/18

Post Thanks / Like
    That is BAD ASP!!! WOW!!!!

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

Post Thanks / Like
    Just beautiful, what else can one say!
    King
    Roadster #8127, ordered 7/12/13, received 9/11/13
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...4-Coyote-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    As I've said before, such a gorgeous and amazing machine. Congratulations.
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Anniversary and what a spectacular build and pics!

Post Thanks / Like
    Kevin-

I have shared many superlatives about your build as it was being done, as well as after completion. Your build is outstanding in every respect, and one of the finest I have seen!

I hope to someday see this car in person, but I am afraid it will make me even more aware of my insufficient talent!!

Thanks for sharing the updated pics; they are awesome! Enjoy the holiday as well as your anniversary!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    What a true work of art, Jazzman! You really are an inspiration to us all out here. Thanks for posting these new pictures and sharing your thoughts about the anniversary - What a great journey!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WIS89 View Post
    Kevin-

I have shared many superlatives about your build as it was being done, as well as after completion. Your build is outstanding in every respect, and one of the finest I have seen!

I hope to someday see this car in person, but I am afraid it will make me even more aware of my insufficient talent!!

Thanks for sharing the updated pics; they are awesome! Enjoy the holiday as well as your anniversary!

Regards,

Steve
    Thank you again for your support, both currently and historically. You and the other members of this forum are what make it a unique, positive, and supportive place. We are blessed to have each other!

Your talent is only insufficient so far as you believe it to be! I have neither great experience or God-given automotive knowledge. I learned what I needed as I encountered each obstacle. I don't believe I am substantially more talented or skilled than many others. I may have more drive than some, but this is a personal choice. You can do what you believe you can do, you can overcome what you actively engage as your next challenge. A blessed few receive truly God-given talent. Most of us just use our own God given skills to do more than we could ever imagine possible. The very fact that any of us would step out to build our own car shows that we are already much more focused and driven than most! You already have more skills than are necessary. Those that you do not have, you can learn if you choose to. I believe in YOU!

We have never met, (and I would love to!!) but I truly believe that you will achieve exactly what you set as your goal. If you choose to set your goal high, you will achieve it in very small steps. Regardless of where your ultimate goal is, embrace it and enjoy it. If your car runs and drives safely, you have already exceeded most if not all of your peers! These projects are supposed to be fun and personal. Build the car YOU dream of. Compare yourself to no one as long as you are true to your own vision.
    Jazzman

34. Thanks WIS89, chrisarella thanked for this post
    Likes GoDadGo, chrisarella liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kevin,

You have assembled an exceptional and stellar cobra! I do a lot of woodworking and would never have thought to put Zebrawood in for the dash and transmission tunnel but it looks absolutely beautiful. Its your brave adventures and outstanding results that have inspired me as well. (Sorry for all the superlatives but your car deserves them!). I'm looking forward to your help and guidance as I forge ahead on my own Flip-top version. Hopefully will be starting on that in about two months once I finish up my wiring and dash. Once again great work, beautiful car and many thanks for the inspiration!

Rob
    MKIV Base Kit, delivered 11/6/17. Build Thread Link: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...d-Base-Kit-427
    Carburated 427z, TKO-600 (.82), Torsen Diff (3.73), IRS, PS, Heat, 17” Halibrands
    First Start: 10/18/18

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, look what's back to the top of the current threads list! Congrats on the anniversary Kevin. The car is indeed exceptional and it was great to have been able to meet both you and it in person at Huntington Beach earlier this year

Cheers,
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robertjamesellis View Post
    Kevin,

You have assembled an exceptional and stellar cobra! I do a lot of woodworking and would never have thought to put Zebrawood in for the dash and transmission tunnel but it looks absolutely beautiful. Its your brave adventures and outstanding results that have inspired me as well. (Sorry for all the superlatives but your car deserves them!). I'm looking forward to your help and guidance as I forge ahead on my own Flip-top version. Hopefully will be starting on that in about two months once I finish up my wiring and dash. Once again great work, beautiful car and many thanks for the inspiration!

Rob
    Glad to hear someone is going to outdo me! If you have not already done so, read 2BKing's build thread and mine to see how the system has evolved. I already know of several minor changes I would make if I were to do it again. King and I would be happy to help you in your journey. King has the plans, I have the instructions. (Technically you can get both from either of us, but this is King's engineering, so I want to give him all the credit he deserves!! He is also a really nice guy!! )
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    Hey, look what's back to the top of the current threads list! Congrats on the anniversary Kevin. The car is indeed exceptional and it was great to have been able to meet both you and it in person at Huntington Beach earlier this year

Cheers,
    Jeff
    Yeah, bad pennies tend to turn up occasionally! It was, indeed, a great pleasure to meet you as well. I do hope that we will again have an opportunity to chat at Huntington Beach next April. It was great to see photos of you with FFR at SEMA. I am glad they are giving you the honor you deserve! I hope it was a memorable experience for you.

Always in your debt,

Kevin
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Help me out..... I'm trying to find details about your grill in your thread. I've looked a couple times and cant find it. Can you tell me about the grill. I got the Breeze grill and haven't installed it yet because it looks so flat in the opening. What you did flows with the car better. I'm gonna copy you, not exact, you have inspired me, thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Kevin,
    Congratulations on the 3 years anniversary of your Fliptop MKIV’s Build Start and the fascinating journey you’ve taken to create such a creative masterpiece. I missed the actual anniversary date being out of the country for the past three weeks, now home, and was extremely late to your build, but truly appreciated personally being there with you for the last few months of its completion and debut at Huntington Beach. As you know, I’m now building my Gen 3 Coupe just a few miles from your home and the Fliptop, and am both inspired by your MKIV and challenged to step up and make mine worthy.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidW View Post
    Help me out..... I'm trying to find details about your grill in your thread. I've looked a couple times and cant find it. Can you tell me about the grill. I got the Breeze grill and haven't installed it yet because it looks so flat in the opening. What you did flows with the car better. I'm gonna copy you, not exact, you have inspired me, thanks!
    There is more to that than meets the eye. It is pressed expanded steel. I did not do it myself, but the interior fabricator built two sides of a form and literally pressed that expanded metal between the forms using a hydraulic press. Good luck with your grill. I certainly did not have the equipment to do this type of a grill myself!
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Kevin-

An overdue thanks for the thoughtful post above. I appreciate the time you took to write it, as well as the generosity of spirit shown in its writing!

I do hope we can meet up some time, so I can express my appreciation of your car, as well as your words, in person. Until then Merry Christmas to you and your family, and may 2019 be an exceptional year for you all!

Thanks again!

Regards,

Steve

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast