Quote Originally Posted by kmseddon View Post
Hi Ed - Thank you for the incredible detail and effort your put into this build thread. My son and I really appreciate it as we are about to start our build. In post #9 you talk about add 10-32 nutserts for future accessibility. I'm struggling to see what these are used for later. Could you explain what these were used for later and post some pictures if you still have them? Thank you!
You're welcome. Good to hear this build thread just keeps giving. The back edge of the F panel is where the front splash guards mount. They typically go in and out a few times during the build. Plus on the finished car removing them gives access to the side pipe bolts, the windshield bolts on the right side, the Coyote PCM if you're using it, plus some other reasons I'm probably forgetting. So I like using nutserts instead of rivets so the splash guard is more easily removeable. This is very much a personal decision. Some just use clecos during the build and then drill out the rivets any time they want to remove the splash guards. Your choice. I will also remind that poorly installed nutserts can be a real pain. They can spin, fall out, etc. So practice and be confident about what you're doing if you choose to go that way.

In case you're not positive about what I'm describing, this picture during final assembly shows the front splash guard in place. You can see the several silver screws that are in the nutserts holding it in place. Good luck with your build!