Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  38

Thread: EdwardBs Mk4 #8674 20th Anniversary Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
    Paul,
    Is a picture of the clear film you applied feasible or is it to clear? Maybe a picture of the template? I am interested in doing this as well but am having a hard time visualizing.
    Thanks for the alignment tips. I was thinking the other day the 4 post with the pneumatic jack is really going to come in handy for alignment. I did the exact same mod to make my tool fit the 18" wheels.

Now I realize you want to shut this thread down but there is just to much good info. You will probably be responding to questions in this thread for years to come!
    No worries! I'll keep answering questions. For a while anyway. A picture of my car wouldn't help much to see the clear film. They are practically invisible. This thread shows some different ones you can see so you can get an idea. http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fact...pats-pics.html. I make them a little higher than most of the pics. Maybe similar to post #28. I made my own patterns out of kraft paper. I have the film tight against the inside corner (by the door) and all the way over to the edge of the wheel well opening. Down to a point at the bottom, as low as it will go. And then across the top with a radius on each corner. I have a pattern for each side. They are not exactly symmetrical. I used a Mk3 pattern that was published on the other forum for the first set I made for #7750. Wasn't an exact fit, but I thought good enough. As luck would have it, my first chip was right off the edge of where the film didn't cover. These flares really takes a beating. I try to cover as much as I can.
    Last edited by edwardb; 03-24-2017 at 03:38 PM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.