Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: So it begins.......

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So I got the car towed to an exhaust shop to have them weld up the exhaust properly so it comes out where it should on the body. The exhaust was just welded up quickly while in the go cart stage but it was high when we put the body on, no surprise there. Great shop! was a little hesitant when I popped in to ask him if he could do some adjustment on the exhaust on my kit car and I showed him some pics of the engine bay and what needed to happen. He reluctantly said yeah bring it down and I'll make it right. Well when the flat bed truck arrived with my project car the whole shop came out to see and i fielded tons of questions haha he was very excited about the car and told me he was excited to work on it and I had to promise to bring the car back when it was finished. A few days later he calls me and tells me its done. He said he's never seen a project car get so much attention. Customers would randomly take pictures of it and ask about the whole time it was in his shop. The tow truck driver said people would just drive next to him and look at it, he's never seen an project car get so much attention. THEN I couldn't wait to take a quick spin around the neighborhood to hear the exhaust again and when I did a high school kid came running out of his house and asked me if he could take a pic of the car real quick. I know you guys already know this but wow this thing gets attention no matter what stage its in. It really motivated me to get back in the garage!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tucker298; 10-25-2017 at 10:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I added Tinos screen to my build to add more "tech" to the interior, there will be a removable IPAD grafted into the interior where the radio usually is that will manage everything from music to the windows, the tail lights will be updated with LED's and halo rings, The fog lights up front will also have that. Shaved door handles and poppers. I say all that because I LOVE the super car look and performance of the GTM and I'm trying to bring the tech and sophistication up to match. The last thing I had envisioned was an LED strip in the head light buckets like most newer cars. They seem to be very inexpensive and a lot of options, this is my first shot at looking for the right light for that job. I'll tie them into the fog lights and also the turn signal. According to the website when the turn signal is activated the white led turns amber and blinks with the turn signal. Cool concept, we'll see how it plays out, barely past the good idea stage right now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tucker298; 10-25-2017 at 11:04 PM.