Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Rear End Options

Post Thanks / Like

Rear End Options

New here so please have patience. Are we limited to the 8.8 diff or can we get a ford 9 inch setup?

Post Thanks / Like
    The 9" will work with the right mods to attach like an 8.8, several vendors do the changes for you or you can weld them on yourself.
    I had 9" ends added to my 8.8 so it has external bearings. With the weight of a FF and the strength of an 8.8 the 9" isn't required so
    it's more of a what I want choice.
    HTH
    Dale
    Hemi33

Post Thanks / Like
    The great thing about the 33 is you are only limited by your skill ( or someone else's ) and the size of your sack of gold!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Studying up, it would appear that what I would need to do is buy the 9" housing from a 93-98 Mustang and use that instead of an 8.8 housing? Big deal is that I have a 9 inch center section with a Strange S-Trac and 3.25 gears. Rebuilt Pumpkin with gears and S-Trac has less than a mile on it. This setup was bulletproof holding 4000+ lbs in a 1200 rwhp+ car for nearly 4 years. I also see from some posts that I need to look at the 4 link kit. Jury is out whether to put the twin turbo LSx back in the 33 or just sell it for a milder setup. Since the 33 is much lighter I am guessing the FI is just not necessary. One question is whether my current QA-1 double adjustable shocks will work on the car, would save quite a few hundred dollars.
    Last edited by wrp; 08-19-2015 at 07:10 PM.