Well I started the game and after four weeks I'm loosing
That may not be a fair statement but it is frustrating
First you need form VSA17A then form VSA22 both readily available online with directions for the whole process you add your MCO and the title of the donor car a notorizied statement of how you built the car add $130 for title fees and inspection fee
And tax for the kit and donor (4.1%) mix it all up and send it off to the branding center in Richmond DMV
Then you wait for 3 weeks for them to send it all back to you and say its not right
Ok mistakes I made
I sent copies of MCO and Title with bill of sales and receipts
I only sent receipts from FFR and only bill of sales I figured I bought everything else on line or at auto parts stores so I paid taxes already
So today I took all my originals to Richmond
They still wanted receipts for it all and I explained it was mostly bought on line and I didn't print every receipt
I didn't send the original MCO and Title because I don't want to loose them in the Mail and wanted to hold them until they issued me a title that's not going to happen
They took my MCO and title but still said my notorizied statement wasn't good enough
My fault I thought saying what parts I used from the donor and put them on the frame with other parts from the kit and some after market parts following directions in the manual included with the kit would be good enough. Wrong again the lady kept saying it's like a recipe for baking a cake take two cups of flower put in the bowl mix in one cup of sugar two eggs etc etc
I told her it was a 500 page manual should I include the manual? She said oh not that detailed
So I wrote some stuff about the build in hand at the bottom of my notorizied statement and they said that would be Ok
They now have it all and I still don't have a title or even know if they will really accept my notes on my statement or not and I get to wait some more
If they accept it all they schedule an inspector to come visit (part of the $130 fees) and see if I'm telling the truth and the car looks road worthy then they will issue a VIN probably the serial number from the MCO which doesn't match the number on the plate FFR issued me (they left a zero out) but she assured me the state will provide a vin plate
If I make it over these hurdles I get to go back to my local DMV to register then my local garage for my annual safety inspection
So send your original titles and MCO and write a DETAILED notorizied statement of how you built the car
Hopefully I won't have to wait another three weeks to hear from them again