Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Preparations are on! Garage & September Build School

Post Thanks / Like

Preparations are on! Garage & September Build School

Continuing to move closer to the build journey. I slipped into a last-minute Build School slot for the September 17th roadster class (classes filled quick for the year, thought I was going to be delayed until 2022). I was originally registered for a January 2021 course but it was cancelled due to COVID. Anyone else on the forum attending the September 17th class?

On the home front, I continue to prep the garage. My brother delivered the tool chest (and tools to fill it!) two weeks ago and I've been busy ever since cleaning and organizing. The old Snap-On chest and tools are special, even though they are older than I am. They were our Dad's tools from when he had his car repair shop back in the late 70's/early 80's. Dad passed away 11 years ago, but would have absolutely LOVED building the car with me, my brother, and my kids.

I'm looking forward to the challenges and rewards of the build process and time with my kids, brother, and friends who've offered to help. Here's my preemptive "thank you" for the help I'm sure this forum will offer in the future. Waiting to order until after the Build School.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mgk172; 08-13-2021 at 10:21 AM.

2. Likes CaptB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I'm headed to the September 17 class.

My April 2020 was cancelled.

I am also prepping the garage and accumulating a few more tools.

My kit won't be done until March 2022.

Daughter's boyfriend would like to help me.

Barry

Post Thanks / Like
    Barry, good updates on my end.

I ordered my kit the week after build school - completion is 4/23/22 & already on the list with Stewart Transport. Ended up going with IRS and bought a full rear setup from a 2018 with 20k miles. At build school I was thinking of going with a stock 302. Well… that has changed too. I ordered a 347 w/ 0.68OD TKX from Blue Print.

How’s your build plan going?