Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  31
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chassis number 1340

Post Thanks / Like

Chassis number 1340

Stage 1 kit ordered on 1/12/23 delivery on 6/10/23
    Will be a 383 sbc 700 r4
    9” ford rear,watts link custom rear suspensionC7A0D102-26E5-4BAD-825B-599FAE036E4A.jpg
    Last edited by Ltfracing; 03-25-2024 at 02:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Make sure to post up pictures and stuff as your build progresses.

Earl
    1st Speedstar in Canada 31 March 2023.
    Built by me 302 engine, AOD trans, 3.55 IRS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard. You will love the ride.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another Hot Rod, yes!!! Have fun, we do.
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1, Gen.2 ordered 11/11/2021 started June 12, 2022, LS3 E-Rod crate engine, Tremec TKX, 8.8 WITH 3.55 Ratio and limited slip with 31 spline axles.17X8 and18x10 Race Star wheels wrapped in Conti Extreme contact DWS tires, Mustang Cobra brakes all around. Electric PS and AC. Hard top, electric windows and bike fenders. First Start 5/31/2023. Go-Kart 6/2/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My complete 33HR kit was ordered 12/30/2022, and FFR says expected completion date of 5/20/2022, so hoping to see it mid-June? I will be using a 5.3 Gen III LS motor and 4L60 from a donor 2002 Silverado and was wondering if it will drop into the chassis with the OEM oil pan, intake manifold, and all OEM front drive (alt., pulleys, belt, etc.)

Full fenders, running boards, hood, and side panels, no top (soft top convertible down the road) LS, automatic trans., Electric PS, 4-link.

Still trying to figure out how to post and reply to questions, and how to add photos. Currently building an 8.8 from a 1990 Mustang (converting to 5 lug axles and rear disc brakes.) I am located in Chaska, MN and am always looking for a road trip. It would be a blast to visit others involved in a FFR 33 HR build, and if anyone is near Minnesota, I would be happy to visit.

6. Likes Ltfracing, jwelch7818 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ltfracing View Post
    Stage 1 kit ordered on 1/12/23 delivery on 6/10/23
    Will be a 383 sbc 700 r4
    9” ford rear,watts link custom rear suspension
    HEll Yeah.. Looking forward to the progress pics

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    More Dark Side Power!
    ....Welcome Aboard!
    .=.Congratulations!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 01-24-2023 at 09:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I like the 9” with watts link. What 9” are you using (width)? I’ll be interested to see your progress and how you do the watts link.
    Respectfully,
    Jeremie

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you,I will post pictures as we go

Post Thanks / Like
    Dumb question,how do I post pictures,never mind,thank you
    Last edited by Ltfracing; 07-04-2023 at 10:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    863084B1-5974-4658-A5F2-0231A6926A68.jpg2CA7EA52-860E-4070-B893-590BEEB20D55.jpg
    Shocks are upside down,I will post a Dyno graph of what happens when you run them upside down.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ltfracing; 07-04-2023 at 10:08 AM.

13. Likes Just 1 More, TxMike64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great picture of your kit pick up. Mine is posted on the recent news page of FFR website and their Facebook page. I don't do Facebook. You picked yours up exactly 1 year after I did.
    PM sent about engine.
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1, Gen.2 ordered 11/11/2021 started June 12, 2022, LS3 E-Rod crate engine, Tremec TKX, 8.8 WITH 3.55 Ratio and limited slip with 31 spline axles.17X8 and18x10 Race Star wheels wrapped in Conti Extreme contact DWS tires, Mustang Cobra brakes all around. Electric PS and AC. Hard top, electric windows and bike fenders. First Start 5/31/2023. Go-Kart 6/2/2023.

15. Likes Ltfracing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So to say I’m a little frustrated with factory five is a understatement, after doing months of research on there website for the stage 1 kit and what was included in it, and then verifying with my sales man several times that the radiator came with the stage 1 kit ,after receiving my stage one kit and imagine my surprise that I did not get a radiator, I email them and Said I did not get one and after he checked with a tech he emailed me back and said yes it should have come with the radiator,I fill out the MIK paper work and then I was told it does not come with stage 1 kit anymore it comes with stage 2,after I brought it to their attention that is not what it said on website they changed the site and we will sell you one for $600 gee thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    $600 clams for a radiator?
    Maybe try this….tell them you’ll buy the radiator now but they need to deduct $600 from the stage 2 kit when you order it.
    '33 Hotrod, #1047 Gen 1, delivered on 2/27/18, go cart on 9/24/18.
    LS3 w/Gearstar Level 3 4L65e Tranny, Yank converter, Lokar shifter, Electric PS, Vintage AC/Heat/Def, 8.8" 3.55
    TorqThrust II Wheels w/Toyo Proxy T1 Sport Tires, F 235/45ZR17 R 295/35ZR18
    Garage Built, Driveway Painted.

18. Likes Ltfracing, FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are aware that the konis with silver bodies cannot be run inverted? Hopefully you checked that out and the shocks are different from those of my vintaqe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I know,I ran them on my dyno and will post pics of graph on what happens when you run them upside down

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    So to say I’m a little frustrated with factory five is a understatement, after doing months of research on there website for the stage 1 kit and what was included in it, and then verifying with my sales man several times that the radiator came with the stage 1 kit ,after receiving my stage one kit and imagine my surprise that I did not get a radiator, I email them and Said I did not get one and after he checked with a tech he emailed me back and said yes it should have come with the radiator, I fill out the MIK paper work and then I was told it does not come with stage 1 kit anymore it comes with stage 2,after I brought it to their attention that is not what it said on website they changed the site and we will sell you one for $600 gee thanks
    That probably stems from the issue that Stage 1 does not include the grill, which you need in order to mount the radiator. I'm in the inverse situation: my Stage 1 includes the radiator, but I cannot mount it. I asked to buy the the grill separate so I could mount the radiator for gokart, but was told it'd be $1200 and I wouldn't get the full credit applied to my Stage 2 order. That's a tough call on splitting between Stage 1 & 2, but my thoughts are that Stage 1 should get you to gokart, and Stage 2 should be just body & interior.
    -- Mike -- TxMike64 -- @TxMGarage
    Gen1.5 Hot Rod '33 #1094 (Stage 1) - 302/AOD '15 IRS - Quad Built - Build Thread

22. Likes Ltfracing liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    So to say I’m a little frustrated with factory five is a understatement, after doing months of research on there website for the stage 1 kit and what was included in it, and then verifying with my sales man several times that the radiator came with the stage 1 kit ,after receiving my stage one kit and imagine my surprise that I did not get a radiator, I email them and Said I did not get one and after he checked with a tech he emailed me back and said yes it should have come with the radiator,I fill out the MIK paper work and then I was told it does not come with stage 1 kit anymore it comes with stage 2,after I brought it to their attention that is not what it said on website they changed the site and we will sell you one for $600 gee thanks
    Eeek, that's really disappointing. stage 1 is for go karting IMO. I got a radiator in my stage 1 like Mike, so at least you can go-kart with the radiator held in place with some temporary brackets. There were still some compromises in stage 1 (no seats, belts, etc) but it still kinda made sense. I guess they moved where the line is drawn - ultimately you're gonna want to buy one from them - you can delete that from stage 2, I know that, but you may not get 100% of the cost.
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

24. Likes Ltfracing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TxMike64 View Post
    That probably stems from the issue that Stage 1 does not include the grill, which you need in order to mount the radiator. I'm in the inverse situation: my Stage 1 includes the radiator, but I cannot mount it. I asked to buy the the grill separate so I could mount the radiator for gokart, but was told it'd be $1200 and I wouldn't get the full credit applied to my Stage 2 order. That's a tough call on splitting between Stage 1 & 2, but my thoughts are that Stage 1 should get you to gokart, and Stage 2 should be just body & interior.
    Its very frustrating and I agree stage one should get go kart. Originally I was told I could be grill, steering wheel etc and get credit when I got my stage one and found out those things were not there. Fast forward I ordered my grill this year and was told they don't do credit any more. I complained but it didn't get me anywhere. I also remember when I got the stage one and needed the grill and steering wheel that I mentioned to them this should be in the stage one. Along with exhaust......especially if you are going to sell me the rear exhaust kit with stage one ........all very frustrating. I can see at some point they do away with the choice and just make it all or nothing like the rest of the kits they sell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Factory five is definitely dropping the ball big time on customer service
    33 hot rod,383 sbc tri power setup ,700 r4 transmission,gen1 body gen2 chassis

Post Thanks / Like
    Factory five is definitely dropping the ball big time on customer service
    I'm not sure I would classify what you're experiencing as a "customer service" issue, verses more of a change in the stage-kit policy which if it was changed should have been highlighted up front when you bought your stage 1 kit and even in FFRs stage kit definitions.

I can't say if there was a change to the stage 1 kit or not, but I do know the reason I bought the complete kit in June of 2020 (received in Sept of 2020) was because at that time I was told if I planned to go-kart the car, the stage-1 kit would not get me to that point. There were several items not included in stage 1 that would prevent that. I had the storage room, so I bought the complete kit.

Regarding FFR's "customer service", at least when I was doing my build was nothing short of awesome. They were very responsive, never questioned any issue I had, they either helped me through it or they shipped out replacement parts immediately. They even made custom/one-off door striker plates for me since there was an issue with how the body bracket was welded in at the factory preventing the plates that come in the kit not to fit.. Like any other business after the pandemic they have had some turnover, so perhaps it is not the same as it was 2-3 years ago, but even today on the forum I don't see many folks complaining about FFR's customer service.

Heck, even 2 years after my build, I took my 33 out of storage last spring (spring of 2022) and the signal light in the LED headlights stopped working and I called FFR just looking for the model & p/n of the LED headlight to buy it myself thinking there was no way FFR would replace it after a couple a years, and not only did they send me one LED headlight free of charge, they sent me the pair at not charge (parts or shipping). That's is great customer service.

Sorry for your troubles, I know it's frustrating & maddening, but customer service doesn't set the kit policies, they just try to help whenever and however they can. I have a customer facing role in the high-tech world so I'm a little sensitive to everything getting pushed back as a customer service issue, when a lot of time it's not but their role is the one that gets blamed for every company or product issue.

Good luck with your build.
    Jim
    Last edited by 33fromSD; 07-22-2023 at 04:33 AM.
    33 Hot Rod w/ 302 & Tremec T5; paint color is 68 Ford Mustang GT LimeGold
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...s-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m not blaming the customer service department, I’m saying the whole company is dropping the ball in customer service, hell for something that they supposedly changed a year ago no one at the company knew about it, not the salesman the webmaster or one of the top guys who will remain nameless knew the radiator did not come with the stage 1 kit anymore,you still get a radiator cap in stage 1 but no radiator,I certainly hope my experience with them gets better ,thank you and good luck with your car sir

Post Thanks / Like
    Always get it in writing....
    MKIV Roadster - #9380 - Complete Kit - Delivered 7/17/18 - SOLD 5/2023
    Build Thread #1: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...V-Build-Thread
    MKIV Roadster - #TBD - Complete Kit - Delivered 11/6/23 - In Progress
    Build Thread #2: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Build-Thread-2

Post Thanks / Like
    It was all over there website until I brought it to there attention,then they changed it

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It was all over there website until I brought it to there attention, then they changed it
    Yeah, sometimes it feels like us St1/Stg2 guys get the b4st4rd child treatment, but we are a minority. I still say Stg 1 should get you to gokart stage. As frustrated as I get with their systems FFR always is willing to work with me. I'm also cognizant of the fact that they are a really small company, dealing with personnel shortages, parts shortages, long lead times - all resource constraints - all while experiencing rapid growth. But keeping this in mind is tough when a lot of us are passionately devoted to completing this challenge of building a car to fulfill lifelong dreams. It's difficult for some of us to not let our passion turn into outrage.

At the end of the day though I do feel like the customer service is pretty good.
    Gen1.5 Hot Rod '33 #1094 (Stage 1) - 302/AOD '15 IRS - Quad Built - Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m happy with the product.mike are you still interested in trading for tilt column

34. Likes Mastertech5, RoadRacer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Nice! Freiburger would be proud - the answer is always TUNNELRAM!

36. Likes JimLev, Ltfracing liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TxMike64 View Post
    Nice! Freiburger would be proud - the answer is always TUNNELRAM!
    Oh yeahhhhhhh
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

38. Likes Ltfracing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

40. Likes JimLev, RoadRacer, Mastertech5 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

42. Likes Just 1 More, Mastertech5 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

44. Likes RoadRacer, Just 1 More, Mastertech5 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    If your going to spend big bucks on a nice paint job I’d use the fenders and running boards to keep the stones from chipping the paint.
    LS3 w/Gearstar Level 3 4L65e Tranny, Yank converter, Lokar shifter, Electric PS, Vintage AC/Heat/Def, 8.8" 3.55

47. Likes Ltfracing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you running full fenders and what holes did you use sir,thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, full fenders. What holes are you asking about?

DBCE720A-9753-458A-B649-5128C5D3965F.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Suspension holes ,top or bottom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is a Gen 1, it only has one set of suspension holes.

Post Thanks / Like
    What is your ride height sir

Post Thanks / Like
    The front is about 5.75 and the rear is 7.0

54. Thanks Ltfracing thanked for this post
    Likes Ltfracing liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast