Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: tail light lens

Post Thanks / Like

tail light lens

How do you remove the lens? I thought I saw somewhere that they pry off. I didnt build this rocket ,but I d like to add LED brake lights without causing damage.

The Nut

Post Thanks / Like
    The metal trim ring is held in place by the lip of the rubber gasket and then the lens is held by the rubber underneath. Be careful as they are glass.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. Im into safety with this coupe. People are so distracted , I want extra bright brake lights.

The Nut

Post Thanks / Like
    We sell an excellent 1157 LED bulb. I've had them in my roadster for several years without issue. Watsons Streetworks They're not cheep but they are a whole lot less than your insurance deductible.We also have 3rd brake lights which are important because today's drives are conditioned to look for them. We have amber bulbs for the fronts as well. If you both front and rears you will likely need an LED flasher (2 if you have 4 ways). Here a well we carry one that works which is not necessarily the case with the chain stores.

Harvey R.
    Watson's StreetWorks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A cobra guy View Post
    We sell an excellent 1157 LED bulb. I've had them in my roadster for several years without issue. Watsons Streetworks They're not cheep but they are a whole lot less than your insurance deductible.We also have 3rd brake lights which are important because today's drives are conditioned to look for them. We have amber bulbs for the fronts as well. If you both front and rears you will likely need an LED flasher (2 if you have 4 ways). Here a well we carry one that works which is not necessarily the case with the chain stores.

Harvey R.
    Watson's StreetWorks
    I can certainly attest to the quality of the parts that Watson's sells. I have very willingly flowed a bit of money through their store. You will not be disappointed with anything that you buy from them! You pay for quality when you shop at Watson's.

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081