Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 08 Impreza Donor?

Post Thanks / Like

Question 08 Impreza Donor?

I'm pretty new to the forums, and have browsed the donor discussion looking for an answer to this, but didn't see anything.

My wife has had a 2008 Impreza since it was new, and I was considering using it as a donor. I've read that the chassis is different and some parts wont work, but I was curious as to how many parts I can actually use from the 08 Impreza?

If I have missed an existing post let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    You may want to call factory five about this as they'll probably have a good answer. You should be able to reuse the major things like the motor and transmission without too many problems but other things may not necessarily fit with the kit as designed. Such as the cluster, suspension parts, axles, pedal assembly... If you're willing to buy the extra needed parts needed and sell the stuff that doesn't fit, this may be the challenge for you. Personally, I'd stick to supported 02-07 donors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Depends what you're looking for in an 818. Is it a track ready R? Is it a Sunday cruiser? Either way, it definitely will take more work than an 02-07 WRX.

Post Thanks / Like
    Was looking for more of a Sunday driver. After digging further into the forums, and seeing all the support and donor kits people put together, It seems it will be much easier to acquire a donor, or donor kit that stays with the supported years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely. Finding the "right" donor is one of the most challenging parts of the build, IMO. I searched Copart, Craigslist, all sorts of Subaru forums every single day... and ended up seeing a 2002 WRX right near my house on the side of the road. Turns out that was the one for me.