Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: AEM Infinity stand alone

Post Thanks / Like

AEM Infinity stand alone

does anybody have any experience with these on ej series motors? I have a 07 ej 255 that I am considering using these on. want to retain the avcs but not need to keep DBW I would be more than happy to have a cable throttle anyway. would also want it to control 6cyl just incase I want to upgrade to 3.6r.. thx for all the help

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't help you with the ej, but I'm also going to use the infinity. It's a pretty impressive unit, not sure how over my head it'll be to use.
    Adam _____ Instagram @PopesProjects____ YouTube Channel
    818 SRX - #91
    Arrived 01/02/2014
    First Start 10/31/2016
    First Drive 05/22/2017
    Registered 10/25/2019 BRAP818

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I have seen AEM does not support AVCS. I have been looking a just doing open tune, Haltech, or vipec. Haltech seems best for me though also like their price. Vipec looks like you will need a v88 if you plan to use AVCS I think.

As for learning to tune, HP academy is a great place to start! Check them out the owners know their stuff, and are great teachers well worth the investment if you are not a experienced tuner.

Post Thanks / Like
    the aem said that it does support avcs and that they are working on a layover harness for the ej series motors now and should be out before the year ends

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a snap shot out of the AEM 30-6820 / 30-6821 manuals.
    avcs.jpg

The infinity system will handle variable valves as many cars have this now. Like Samiam said, they just don't have the harness available yet.

I was looking at this for my 818 as TIC uses this in their race car. I decided to stick with Subaru and open-source for now.
    Bob
    Last edited by Bob_n_Cincy; 11-05-2015 at 05:56 PM.
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Wayne was working With TahoeTim on a megasquirt system for him. He also has AEM on his list of products he sell a VCP.

I still need to figure out whether to go Subaru open-source or stand alone for my Ez36. Some discussion on this would be great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flynntuna View Post
    Wayne was working With TahoeTim on a megasquirt system for him. He also has AEM on his list of products he sell a VCP.

I still need to figure out whether to go Subaru open-source or stand alone for my Ez36. Some discussion on this would be great.
    I only have experience with a haltech system I had on my FC we stuck a 13b rev in. other than that I cant personally comment on systems. I emailed wayne but got a very vague response than relised he was at sema. so maybe he will chime in. I don't have any shops local to me so after talking to shops down in the Philadelphia area (2hr drive) I found a shop with AEM infinity experience and Subaru experience. I may take a ride down one night or next weekend and have a sit down and see what they say..

I want a system that I can use on my ej257now and on an ez36 when I find one at the auction for a good price.

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I gathered from the "gramps" build turbo 3.6 YouTube series very entertaining BTW. They used a haltech elite which ran the variable valves, dbw, flex fuelnsensor and can bus dash.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have DBW, I would keep it. Particularly if you are going to go stand alone. Too many advantages in tuning that you can reap with DBW like launch control, flat foot shifting, boost cut on down shifts, rev matching etc. And you can tune speed density far more precisely via requested torque than throttle position.

Only thing I'm not sure of is if AEM is selling individual licenses again to their tuning software. If not the software will cost you more than the ECU and you will have to re-up the license every year or two.