FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Changing The Thread Title - Guidelines

Post Thanks / Like

Changing The Thread Title - Guidelines

This thread was created to test a solution to "How do you change the title of a thread after you create it? Changing it from the first post in edit | go advanced doesn't work."

As you can see from below, there is a simple technique to change a thread title. With new freedom comes responsibility so when you change a thread title keep these Guidelines in mind:

• Changes must be made in such a way that the reader is sure they are visiting the original thread. Therefore change thread titles to add status updates ONLY.
    • If adding status updates to a thread, do so by adding a space, dash, space then your update. See this thread title for an example.
    • Optionally, add a colon to the end of the original title, then the status update ie: Changing The Thread Title: this is my update
    • If you must change the base thread title, do so within the first 5 minutes or so of posting the original thread. (Please, give some thought to your original thread title. ) The exception is to add Proper Title Naming Capitalization.

The first item in the list above is a moderator-enforceable rule. The rest are guidelines. Thanks to Jazzman for the PM that inspired this new site feature. The default before was 5 minutes for changing a thread title period, which I and a mod or 2 overrode routinely with our build threads. This wasn't a rank perk, I just hadn't tested it in "standard user" mode. Until further notice you can change thread titles for 2 years after thread creation. That should cover the majority of build threads.

Last edited by David Hodgkins; 11-13-2015 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Added rule and Guidelines

2. Likes BlueMud liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You can now edit your thread title from the forum thread list. Here's how you do it:

Make the change...

And press <Enter> to save the change!

EDIT: NOTE: there is a 3 year time limit on changing a thread title. If you have a build thread longer than three years old and you still need to change a title, let me know.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)