Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Redfogo's 818C build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Upgraded my motor and trans mounts last night with Cusco mounts and its made a significant difference in engine placement and movement. With the oem Mounts the main coolant feed pipe was very close to the frame almost rubbing on it! I could shake the engine left and right with my hands from the transmission mount location!

With the new mounts the whole assembly is rock solid the engine sits up more as well. The OEM mounts seem to let the engine slant down(downward like this--> \) since there is no real front mount. The cuscos seem to be more solid and help hold the wait of the front of the engine evening out so it sites more even(like this --> --). My coolant lines are now further away from the frame and no longer able to come close to rubbing on the frame! yay

The Cusco mounts I'm sure will shake the car a bit more then OEM mounts but still wont be as bad as a solid mount since they still have very very very hard rubber to help a "bit". Since I'm still on block I can't assess the shake just yet.

image_zpssmv12lmb.JPG

(Don't worry about the car parts bench you see in the background. Its the post kit car 280z project. The car will need a new paint job so don't worry no nice cars were damaged for this image.)
    Last edited by redfogo; 07-14-2017 at 07:28 PM.