Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Proud new owner of a MKIII FFR Roadster

Post Thanks / Like

Proud new owner of a MKIII FFR Roadster

First off, wanted to compliment this forum. I was able to do a lot of searching to answer questions I had on my prospective purchases! Great forum!

I just picked up my FFR Roadster on Friday. Drove from North Houston to Oklahoma City with a trailer and brought her home. For you Houston folk, I actually live up in Willis on the east side of Lake Conroe.

I have been a Cobra fan for over a decade now. 1 of 3 cars on my bucket list. Although I still have dreams of assembling one myself someday, I decided that I had enough projects in the garage and wanted something turnkey for a change. Have to admit a Backdraft was high on my list when shopping, but the bank account didn't support it. Now that I have the FFR Roadster in hand, I feel I got a far superior product for much less money!!

This was a Whitby build back in 2005. The previous owner handed over a full memory stick of photos, videos, and documentation on the build. I'm thinking that this was a build to advertise the release of the Mark 3?? I seem to recall reading that's when the 3's debuted. Lots of photos in that memory stick of the frame without the body at different events.

Car's equipped with a Vortech Supercharged 4V 4.6l. IRS, power steering with cooler, heat/AC, heated seats, etc are some of the extras on the car. Great handling and a very comfortable ride!

I did some "tall guy" mods this past weekend. Removed the sliders from the drivers seat and played with the pedals a bit. Got it much more manageable for my 6'3" frame. Comfortable isn't quite the word, but far better than when I took it on the test drive! Changed plugs, oil, and played around with some other odds and ends. Needs a tune in the near future as it's running horribly rich. Next weekend I'll do a full detail and post up some pics!

Hope to get insurance going on it today so I can get it out some more this week!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh and for any of you TX folks out there, I posted up in the Roadster forum with some questions regarding the titling process in TX. I'm clear on how to title a NEW build, but details on titling a kit car with an existing title is pretty vague.....any help is appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Sounds like you got a sweet ride. Roger

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats. Need to see pics!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love the FFR Roadsters! Awesome!

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi pbjsammich,

Glad you got your new roadster. I agree with you. After you take in all the features of the chassis on the MKIII, you usually come to the conclusion that there is real value there for a rather low price tag. The chassis is what sold me on the car. I built mine but getting one already built is a great choice if it has most of the features you like. If I had to do it again I would probably go your route. I found that I am a tinkerer more than a true builder. I'm sure this will keep you busy making it your own.

Good luck,

WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046