Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Plastic Intake Manifold Broke

Post Thanks / Like

Plastic Intake Manifold Broke

My wife and I were out driving this morning when out of the blue she said: Where is all this fluid flowing into the cab coming from? Well my heater bypass hose broke off at the manifold and was spraying coolant all over the place, some flowed over the firewall into the cab. Thankfully the coolant was just warm and not hot. This Plastic manifold was about 12 years old.

Thank goodness for AAA. One call and 45 min later I was on my way home.

I would like your opinions on which manifold I should get to replace this one. Should I get another plastic one? Should I get a Professional Products Typhoon? Should I get a Trickflow? Anybody have any experience with any of the aftermarket intakes? I heard the plastic one puts out the best power for a stock motor.

Please give you imput.

Last edited by Marty Prario; 02-12-2011 at 08:20 PM.
    F5R1006211RD, Blue Granite Metallic with Titan Silver Stripes by Jeff Miller (Batman)
    4.6 SOHC, 3.73 R&P, 3 Link W/Koni's, 17x9 Cobra R's with 255 45zr 17 BFG Tires, Champ Pan

Post Thanks / Like
    Any chance you could pipe tap whats left and put a fitting in there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe, but I think replacing it will be the best thing. The Plastic has heat cycled so many times I think it has become brittle. Fix one place then it might crack at the next weak spot. Thanks for the idea though.

Marty
    F5R1006211RD, Blue Granite Metallic with Titan Silver Stripes by Jeff Miller (Batman)
    4.6 SOHC, 3.73 R&P, 3 Link W/Koni's, 17x9 Cobra R's with 255 45zr 17 BFG Tires, Champ Pan