Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: EZ36 Engine required items

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DSR-3 View Post
    That's my direction too. I found an EZ30R from a wrecked 2006 Tribeca in San Antonio (Craigslist). $1,400 for the engine, harness, ECU, and a bunch of other stuff. $300 freight San Jose, CA.
    Quote Originally Posted by PSUalum1986 View Post
    I am finding EZ30s now. Couple dumb questions: If the H6 engine came out of an automatic car, do you have to change the flywheel to when you go to the 5 speed manual? If the 5 speed comes from a H4, what about the clutch?
    I'm just getting started building my 2nd 818S.
    IMHO building a street car, I would go with a 2.5L out of a 06-07 NA Impreza with 5mt. Plenty of to torque and power for an 1800# car.
    If autocrossing or tracking the car, I understand the bigger power (turbo or H6).

For both my cars I started with an 2004 forester XT 2.5L turbo Automatic.
    I needed manual pedal box ($25 ebay) Clutch master and slave cylinder, transmission, flywheel and starter.
    I removed all the automatic stuff from the harness and reflashed my ECU with 04 FXT MT file.
    Bob
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_n_Cincy View Post
    I'm just getting started building my 2nd 818S.
    IMHO building a street car, I would go with a 2.5L out of a 06-07 NA Impreza with 5mt. Plenty of to torque and power for an 1800# car.
    If autocrossing or tracking the car, I understand the bigger power (turbo or H6).
    Yea, I probably should have looked more at the 2.5NA option, but they don't seem that common either. As far as "plenty" of anything, well- that's always debatable! (like the others doing it) I'm looking forward to the H6.

Quote Originally Posted by PSUalum1986 View Post
    I am finding EZ30s now. Couple dumb questions: If the H6 engine came out of an automatic car, do you have to change the flywheel to when you go to the 5 speed manual? If the 5 speed comes from a H4, what about the clutch?
    I asked the same question in another thread, and Wayne posted that the flywheel, clutch, cylinder, starter, etc. all match the transmission. Mine are 12 miles apart but obviously he knows these things well.