Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: DCCD Disassembly Instructions

Post Thanks / Like

DCCD Disassembly Instructions

Does a new revision of the manual have disassembly instructions for the DCCD center diff? Something is hanging things up from pulling apart completely the way I would expect. There is one more snap ring that is being a bugger that could be the final piece of the puzzle. Any additional information would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Aero STI View Post
    Does a new revision of the manual have disassembly instructions for the DCCD center diff? Something is hanging things up from pulling apart completely the way I would expect. There is one more snap ring that is being a bugger that could be the final piece of the puzzle. Any additional information would be appreciated.

Hello there,
    Since 1999 the DCCD's are units which can not disassembled In case of problem you have to replace it assy. However in the rallycar tuning they somtimes install carbon coated discs which are specially coated and very expensive

greetings

Seniorsub

Post Thanks / Like
    Its been over a year since ive taken my apart. Could you post some photos of what phase youre in of dis-assembly? Also, what year 6speed are you using?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seniorsub View Post
    Hello there,
    Since 1999 the DCCD's are units which can not disassembled In case of problem you have to replace it assy. However in the rallycar tuning they somtimes install carbon coated discs which are specially coated and very expensive

greetings

Seniorsub
    I did some additional research on servicing the DCCD and your information is completely incorrect. Subaru sells overhaul kits for '01-'05 6MT DCCDs and '06 and beyond.

https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/1746
    https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/33568

The DCCD center diff has to be disassembled to insert the FFR provided lockup piece.
    Last edited by Aero STI; 12-29-2015 at 09:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurk818 View Post
    Its been over a year since ive taken my apart. Could you post some photos of what phase youre in of dis-assembly? Also, what year 6speed are you using?
    Kurk, the DCCD is out of an '06 or '07. It's compatible with the FFR provided lockup piece, but I may just end up welding the input to the front output and save myself $300.

Post Thanks / Like
    If i remember correctly, that ring does not need to come out. I ended up removing it thinking i needed to. Its a tight fit but it will separate. Try using a brass punch and work your way around the perimeter with the DCCD suspended.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome. I'll persuade it a bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some careful hammering separated things. To access the six bolts for the locking spool the pain in the *** spring clip definitely needs to be removed. I didn't get there yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    If youre referring to the outer most ring that you note as being difficult, im pretty sure all it does it prevent the oil pump gear from setting too far in. put two large flat screw drivers on opposite ends of each other between the pieces and give them a pry. Let me know if im mistaken.

Perhaps these photos will help a bit.

Last edited by Kurk818; 12-29-2015 at 11:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurk818 View Post
    If youre referring to the outer most ring that you note as being difficult, im pretty sure all it does it prevent the oil pump gear from setting too far in. put two large flat screw drivers on opposite ends of each other between the pieces and give them a pry. Let me know if im mistaken.

Perhaps these photos will help a bit.

Hah. Now that you write it, that is obvious. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad i could help.