Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FFR Open House Question

Post Thanks / Like

FFR Open House Question

Is it true that FFR doesn't allow Non-FFR Cobra replicas on the Factory Five Parking lot for Open House each summer?
    Last edited by Joe; 02-12-2011 at 08:46 PM.
    Proudly Driving: FFR MKIII #5392, '89 donor, 306 EFI, T-5
    GT40P-Heads, 3-link, 8.8 / 3.55 Rear, 4 Wheel Disk Power Brakes,
    17" Halibrands, 4X4 Headers, Koni Shocks

Post Thanks / Like
    Thee just isn't enough room. Have you seen the parking lot at Open House? Packed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Is it true that FFR doesn't allow Non-FFR cars on the Factory Five Parking lot for Open House each summer?
    Can't say I've ever been denied a parking spot at FFR, with out without a FFR product being driven in. Granted I have not made the last 5 open houses, but I can't see where they would turn away a staunch supporter.

Bill S.
    Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

Post Thanks / Like
    My Friend shows up there every year with his A and C collectibles Cobra

Post Thanks / Like
    Last year there was an ERA, a CSX and a B&B that were there, I'm sure others as well, but I specifically remember those and maybe a CCX

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a small parking lot right next to it that you can park in. Just walk 100 yards and you are there. I went for several years before my cobra was completed (Still isn't), it's a great place to get new build ideas from and to meet some of the people here face to face.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, thanks guys.. I made a post about the Cruise to FFR Open House over on CC and I had some people chime in saying they wouldn't recommend Non-FFR cars being driven to the event for the reason I mentioned. I'm sure they probably have to turn away some as the lot gets full, but was curious about the non-FFR reason. I'm hoping that if I drive 1800 miles to come up there and I happen to have some non-FFRs with me, we'll all be allowed on the parking lot!
    Last edited by Joe; 02-12-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, my take on the open house is that is primarily for FFR cars. It isn't an open car show. So bringing say a '70 Chevelle just won't cut it. I'm not speaking for Factory Five, but seriously, they are putting this on for owners and future owners of FFR cars. It started out with their Roadsters and now they have Coupes, GTMs, and '33's out now. They are going to need a bigger parking lot just to fit in the cars they make. Like the London Car show, if it isn't a Cobra Replica they didn't want it there. Look at it this way. I am staunch supporter. Should I be able to park my Dodge pickup in the show lot? Do what you want but I am pretty sure if someone shows up in a GTO it isn't going to park in the FFR lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Cory View Post
    Well, my take on the open house is that is primarily for FFR cars. It isn't an open car show. So bringing say a '70 Chevelle just won't cut it. I'm not speaking for Factory Five, but seriously, they are putting this on for owners and future owners of FFR cars. It started out with their Roadsters and now they have Coupes, GTMs, and '33's out now. They are going to need a bigger parking lot just to fit in the cars they make. Like the London Car show, if it isn't a Cobra Replica they didn't want it there. Look at it this way. I am staunch supporter. Should I be able to park my Dodge pickup in the show lot? Do what you want but I am pretty sure if someone shows up in a GTO it isn't going to park in the FFR lot.
    I'm talking about non-FFR Cobra replicas.. (I edited my OP) It's all good..
    Last edited by Joe; 02-12-2011 at 08:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by michael everson View Post
    My Friend shows up there every year with his A and C collectibles Cobra
    Yup, and the trick is to show up early or the parking spaces are filled up quickly.

Bill S.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard that if you show up in an ERA 289 FIA they have a special reserved parking space over in North Falmouth on the other side of Buzzards Bay.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    I heard that if you show up in an ERA 289 FIA they have a special reserved parking space over in North Falmouth on the other side of Buzzards Bay.

Jeff
    You might be surprised just where the car might end up parked within the confines of the FFR property as Dave Smith is more open to the build than you might think

Bill S.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

Post Thanks / Like
    I give anyone who drives hundreds, or in some cases, thousands of miles to the Open House a ton of credit. I don't know if there is enough going on for the day to make it worth it. It is a great time, but I only live less than an hour away.

I enjoy talking with people I haven't seen in a year, but really enjoy lunch at the Cabby Shack! I think Dorfus and Jon A agree. Hopefully this year we won't get rained on.
    F/K/A Sleekcraft Steve. FFR #1476, 5.0, Edelbrock heads, polished Explorer intake, 3.55's, Team III 17" wheels.

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    A good 99% of the cars that show up for Open House are Factory Fives, but if another model drives-in, we can find a parking spot for them. We have had to turn away Corvettes, Mustangs, Vipers, etc. though.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
    A good 99% of the cars that show up for Open House are Factory Fives, but if another model drives-in, we can find a parking spot for them. We have had to turn away Corvettes, Mustangs, Vipers, etc. though.
    Thanks for the clarification Mad Dog! See you few months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Gogo View Post
    I give anyone who drives hundreds, or in some cases, thousands of miles to the Open House a ton of credit. I don't know if there is enough going on for the day to make it worth it. It is a great time, but I only live less than an hour away.

I enjoy talking with people I haven't seen in a year, but really enjoy lunch at the Cabby Shack! I think Dorfus and Jon A agree. Hopefully this year we won't get rained on.
    I don't have to have much of a reason to hop in the car and drive. The Open House is plenty of reason for me! Driving across country is more about the journey and not so much about the final destination.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL. Joe, If I were driving that far I'd be heading to your house. Where it is warmer than here. That would be my destination! For you coming up here in the Summer would most likely be cooler weather, for you. Though I have seen it was mighty cold down in Texas this Winter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I don't have to have much of a reason to hop in the car and drive. The Open House is plenty of reason for me! Driving across country is more about the journey and not so much about the final destination.
    x2 I just want to put the miles on it, and get some good deals. Dan
    Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

MKII 4393 Tangerine Pearl with white stripes. I try to change something every year because I believe a real hotrod is never done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Cory View Post
    LOL. Joe, If I were driving that far I'd be heading to your house. Where it is warmer than here. That would be my destination! For you coming up here in the Summer would most likely be cooler weather, for you. Though I have seen it was mighty cold down in Texas this Winter.
    Come on down Cory.. You have an invitation!

And yes, it was pretty dang cold during Super Bowl week..

But it was 74 degrees today! Typical Texas weather..

Joe - -
    Last edited by Joe; 02-16-2011 at 08:33 PM.