Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: almost finished mk4 with 429 big block

Post Thanks / Like

almost finished mk4 with 429 big block

Well everyone, if you're on both forums you've probably seen this car on the other one for sale. I figured I'd add it to this site as well since I'm on here now too. Admittingly, it has been fun talking to people and answering some of the random questions that I've been getting in my private messages about the car. The FFR community is great, and out of all the forums I've been on throughout the years..the FFR ones are full of commrodery and praise, as well as support. It's refreshing instead of seeing a lot of bashing back and forth.

Some background on me and the reason for this sale...quite simple really. I'm almost 70years old, and my health has been declining recently, as well as my wife's health. I simply will not be able to enjoy the car.

You might be wondering how the car got so far along with not being on the forums while it was being built. I am no expert on building cars, but my son and our friend played a huge part in getting this car to where it is now. My son has been tearing things apart and rebuilding them since he was very young, has built a few cars of his own, and worked at a speed shop that he built custom tube chassis drag cars in. Our friend who also helped a great deal has tinkered with cars for 40yrs, and has a lot of great knowledge in mechanics...as well as being an engineer as his "9-5" job. After this point, if you call or message about the car...you will likely be talking to my son. He has the roadster in his garage at this time, and will be taking care of getting it sold, and walking you through the ins and outs of it.

So, now that I've gotten you sleepy with my jabbering, onward to the car details.

I took delivery of this complete kit mk4 on new years eve of 2014. It was optioned out as follows:
    MK IV complete kit
    429-460 engine/trans mounts
    429/460 headers
    Body cutouts
    Stainless steel bumper kit
    Black leather big and tall seat upgrade
    3 link delux rear suspension
    Ffr electric vintage gauge upgrade
    Mk4 embroidered logo floormats
    Brake duct wire mesh
    Battery cut off switch
    Single chrome rollbar upgrade
    Rollbar grommet set
    Performance 11.65 performance rear brake set
    14in leather steering wheel upgrade
    Halibrand replica wheels
    Stainless side exhaust upgrade with hardware
    Wind wings
    Sun visors
    Windshield wipers kit
    Hester/defroster kit

The kit came out to $25600

Engine:
    Completely redone 1969 429 4v "thunder jet" with original C9VE heads that were reworked,original crank was also reworked
    Cylinders bored .030
    Stock style pistons
    11:1 compression with a 0.010" deck clearance height
    Comp Cams "thumpr cam"
    Custom chrome serpentine belt components with 1 wire alternator
    Edelbrock performer RPM intake
    FAST EZ Efi 2.0 fuel injection with automatic timing distributor
    Machined and assembled by Scott at Apples Machine Shop in Yorktown, VA.
    Canton oil pan
    Edelbrock chrome water pump
    Edelbrock dual plan rpm intake
    Lots of other items
    Yes, it runs on pump gas with no issues.

Transmission:
    TKO 600 built by Mike Forte
    Quicktime Bellhousing
    All supporting parts came from Mike Forte

Rear Axle for 3 link rear suspension:
    Non Donor 8.8 built by Mike Forte
    Yukon 3.55 gears
    Yukon LSD
    Yukon axles

Other upgrade items:
    Breeze automotive radiator hinge kit
    Breeze automotive mesh grill kit
    Breeze automotive rubber body grommet kit
    Whitby Motorsports power brake kit
    Eastwood insulation under the carpeting
    All the carpet edges were heimed
    All aluminum panels were powder coated black
    Aftermarket inner door panels with pockets
    Upgraded door latch kit
    Optima red top battery

The car has been most of the way assembled, and driven for 4 miles minus the door fitment, trunk and hood fitment. The doors and trunk have been hung and messed around with so they open and close, but thats it. Hood has never been mounted, and hasnt been cut. The wiring for all the lights have been tested, but the lights are not installed. Otherwise, the wiring is complete minus tidying up a few things for visual pleasure. No body work has been done on the body yet. There are a few odds and ends to tidy up, such as drilling and mounting the windshield wiper blades, but its essentially ready to do fitment of the doors, install latches, sand, and paint minus a few small items.

The pictures are without the side pipes on, but they are mounted now. It runs and drives, and sounds absolutely badass while doing it. The FAST fuel injection is self learning. Once you set your initial parameters, it does The rest..and you can fine tune or tweak everything including the timing and advance curve of The distributor right through The touch screen without ever turning a wrench. The suspension has been semi set up. Rear end is centered in the frame so it launches straight. We were playing around with ride height when I made the call to cease production.
    I have tons and tons of receipts for everything, as I have invested $60,000 into this car. There are no donor parts other than the engineblock,heads, and crank. They came out of a 1969 thunderbird.
    If you have any questions, feel free to call 757-812-3167 or send a message on here. He or I will respond on here..if you call, you'll be speaking directly to my son.

If you're somewhat close, we have an enclosed trailer..and my son can deliver it to you if need be. Within reason of course. Those are details to be worked out with him. He's always up for an adventure, so I'm sure doing a few hundred miles or more isn't out of the equation for him. But again, that's between you and him. There are plenty of pictures of the car as it was being built, and videos of it running and go carting.

$32,000 is the price. Thanks for reading along, and hopefully someone out there can give this car a home. Finish it and enjoy.

I'll add pictures when it decides to allow me to
    Last edited by hom-ade; 06-16-2017 at 10:01 AM. Reason: adding info

Post Thanks / Like
    this thing just doesnt want to allow me to add pictures. I've tried both ways. Inserting it, as well as the "manage attachment" section. It just says that it fails to upload image.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to see them, you can send a text message to the phone number previously provided, send your email address, or look at the other forum. I can't get it to add the pictures, I apologize.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hom-ade View Post
    this thing just doesnt want to allow me to add pictures. I've tried both ways. Inserting it, as well as the "manage attachment" section. It just says that it fails to upload image.
    Contact David Hodgkins & He Can Assist You With That issue!
    Also, Looks Like A Heck Of A Build From My Perspective!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 06-16-2017 at 08:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I'll see if I can find him on the forum

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I am a huge fan of the 385 series BBF.
    .Man, that Monster Looks Great stuffed between the frame rails!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 06-16-2017 at 09:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDadGo View Post
    I am a huge fan of the 385 series BBF.
    .Man, that Monster Looks Great stuffed between the frame rails!
    Its a tight fit, but worth the effort!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a note. the motor was broken in on carb with hei distributor. the mechanical fuel pump is gone and blocked off now because of the FAST efi system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    With A 4.39" Bore And A 3.59" Stroke It Should Be One Happy Revving Engine!

I've got a little bit more space between the frame rails and I'm sure a lot less horsepower, but it's all good.
    We are attempting our 1st start tomorrow morning so you know the drill.

https://youtu.be/_wnHDNgnNqs

Post Thanks / Like
    not pictured, but i have the front grill hoop, as well as the quick jack set up for front and rear if you want a different look.

Post Thanks / Like
    that looks clean!! What infinity radio head unit is that, Ive never seen one like it before

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    that looks clean!! What infinity radio head unit is that, Ive never seen one like it before
    https://www.rocktheboatmarinestereo....ne-Stereo.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool. looks perfect for the enclosed trailer..not that its really needed in there

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm interested to see how your exhaust works out as well. If your doing side exit, I'll be looking closely at how you change the angle of your headers to get them down towards where the cutouts will be on the body
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDadGo View Post
    With A 4.39" Bore And A 3.59" Stroke It Should Be One Happy Revving Engine!

I've got a little bit more space between the frame rails and I'm sure a lot less horsepower, but it's all good.
    We are attempting our 1st start tomorrow morning so you know the drill.

https://youtu.be/_wnHDNgnNqs

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm interested to see how your exhaust works out as well. If your doing side exit, I'll be looking closely at how you change the angle of your headers to get them down towards where the cutouts will be on the body
    Custom 3" J-Pipes should do the trick or I'll pick up a set of the adjustables with the slip on collectors.
    I want to do the J-Pipe to flatten and broaden the torque curve since my car will likely be a daily driver.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/s...FU-Hswod4kgNDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a slick set up for custom tubes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That's a slick set up for custom tubes
    Just IMCA Modified Dirt Track Stuff!

Very Inexpensive & Easy To Find!

Good Luck With Your 429 BBF!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well everyone, if you're on both forums you've probably seen this car on the other one for sale. I figured I'd add it to this site as well since I'm on here now too. Admittingly, it has been fun talking to people and answering some of the random questions that I've been getting in my private messages about the car. The FFR community is great, and out of all the forums I've been on throughout the years..the FFR ones are full of commrodery and praise, as well as support. It's refreshing instead of seeing a lot of bashing back and forth.

Some background on me and the reason for this sale...quite simple really. I'm almost 70years old, and my health has been declining recently, as well as my wife's health. I simply will not be able to enjoy the car.

You might be wondering how the car got so far along with not being on the forums while it was being built. I am no expert on building cars, but my son and our friend played a huge part in getting this car to where it is now. My son has been tearing things apart and rebuilding them since he was very young, has built a few cars of his own, and worked at a speed shop that he built custom tube chassis drag cars in. Our friend who also helped a great deal has tinkered with cars for 40yrs, and has a lot of great knowledge in mechanics...as well as being an engineer as his "9-5" job. After this point, if you call or message about the car...you will likely be talking to my son. He has the roadster in his garage at this time, and will be taking care of getting it sold, and walking you through the ins and outs of it.

So, now that I've gotten you sleepy with my jabbering, onward to the car details.

I took delivery of this complete kit mk4 on new years eve of 2014. It was optioned out as follows:
    MK IV complete kit
    429-460 engine/trans mounts
    429/460 headers
    Body cutouts
    Stainless steel bumper kit
    Black leather big and tall seat upgrade
    3 link delux rear suspension
    Ffr electric vintage gauge upgrade
    Mk4 embroidered logo floormats
    Brake duct wire mesh
    Battery cut off switch
    Single chrome rollbar upgrade
    Rollbar grommet set
    Performance 11.65 performance rear brake set
    14in leather steering wheel upgrade
    Halibrand replica wheels
    Stainless side exhaust upgrade with hardware
    Wind wings
    Sun visors
    Windshield wipers kit
    Hester/defroster kit

The kit came out to $25600

Engine:
    Completely redone 1969 429 4v "thunder jet" with original C9VE heads that were reworked,original crank was also reworked
    Cylinders bored .030
    Stock style pistons
    11:1 compression with a 0.010" deck clearance height
    Comp Cams "thumpr cam"
    Custom chrome serpentine belt components with 1 wire alternator
    Edelbrock performer RPM intake
    FAST EZ Efi 2.0 fuel injection with automatic timing distributor
    Machined and assembled by Scott at Apples Machine Shop in Yorktown, VA.
    Canton oil pan
    Edelbrock chrome water pump
    Edelbrock dual plan rpm intake
    Lots of other items
    Yes, it runs on pump gas with no issues.

Transmission:
    TKO 600 built by Mike Forte
    Quicktime Bellhousing
    All supporting parts came from Mike Forte

Rear Axle for 3 link rear suspension:
    Non Donor 8.8 built by Mike Forte
    Yukon 3.55 gears
    Yukon LSD
    Yukon axles

Other upgrade items:
    Breeze automotive radiator hinge kit
    Breeze automotive mesh grill kit
    Breeze automotive rubber body grommet kit
    Whitby Motorsports power brake kit
    Eastwood insulation under the carpeting
    All the carpet edges were heimed
    All aluminum panels were powder coated black
    Aftermarket inner door panels with pockets
    Upgraded door latch kit
    Optima red top battery

The car has been most of the way assembled, and driven for 4 miles minus the door fitment, trunk and hood fitment. The doors and trunk have been hung and messed around with so they open and close, but thats it. Hood has never been mounted, and hasnt been cut. The wiring for all the lights have been tested, but the lights are not installed. Otherwise, the wiring is complete minus tidying up a few things for visual pleasure. No body work has been done on the body yet. There are a few odds and ends to tidy up, such as drilling and mounting the windshield wiper blades, but its essentially ready to do fitment of the doors, install latches, sand, and paint minus a few small items.

The pictures are without the side pipes on, but they are mounted now. It runs and drives, and sounds absolutely badass while doing it. The FAST fuel injection is self learning. Once you set your initial parameters, it does The rest..and you can fine tune or tweak everything including the timing and advance curve of The distributor right through The touch screen without ever turning a wrench. The suspension has been semi set up. Rear end is centered in the frame so it launches straight. We were playing around with ride height when I made the call to cease production.
    I have tons and tons of receipts for everything, as I have invested $60,000 into this car. There are no donor parts other than the engineblock,heads, and crank. They came out of a 1969 thunderbird.
    If you have any questions, feel free to call 757-812-3167 or send a message on here. He or I will respond on here..if you call, you'll be speaking directly to my son.

If you're somewhat close, we have an enclosed trailer..and my son can deliver it to you if need be. Within reason of course. Those are details to be worked out with him. He's always up for an adventure, so I'm sure doing a few hundred miles or more isn't out of the equation for him. But again, that's between you and him. There are plenty of pictures of the car as it was being built, and videos of it running and go carting.

$32,000 is the price. Thanks for reading along, and hopefully someone out there can give this car a home. Finish it and enjoy.

I'll add pictures when it decides to allow me to
    Is this still available?? 6/17/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it's still for sale

Post Thanks / Like
    Car has been sold, thank you to everyone that showed interest in it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Car has been sold, thank you to everyone that showed interest in it.
    Sorry that you had to sell it; however, I am sure that it will be going to a great home.