Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Power Steering Install

Post Thanks / Like

Power Steering Install

Hi,
    Looking for info/video/instructions as to how to install the power steering kit on my newly arrived Coyote 5.0 L engine. The power steering kit is the one received by FF when I purchased it.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    MK IV Roaster, Complete Kit
    Planning on Coyote,TKO600, 2015 12.88# IRS,Wilwood BrakesHalibrand Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you familiar with the FFR instructions website?

https://www.factoryfiveparts.com/instructions/

This is a critical supplement to the manual that comes with the kit. There are lots of great instructions in there including a link there to a document for the coyote power steering kit installation.
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Use the FFR provided instructions that JohnK mentions above. I just did this a few weeks ago and didn't have any issues. I have a few additional pictures on my build thread post #121 from my install, but the instructions from FFR are fairly clear on this one (other areas of the build, not so much!).

Also might be good to point out that many folks replace the flow orifice that comes pre-installed in the KRC unit with a smaller "-4" size (smallest size they make). The smaller the number, the lower the assist I believe. I can't vouch for this as I haven't powered mine up yet, but many folks on the forum have tried it with different sizes and this seems to be the preferred choice. Not a requirement by any means, just another option to spend your money on! The "-4" restrictor valve is KRC p/n 2530400).
    Last edited by dbo_texas; 05-09-2023 at 01:57 PM.
    Darryl [dbo_texas]
    MKIV #9644 (build thread) (Index)
    MK4 Complete Kit | Gen2 crate Coyote | Tremec T56, 3.55 IRS | power steering | hydroboost | dual roll bars | FFR carbon fiber dash | 18" Halibrands + Wilwoods | RT drop trunk kit & turn signal | front battery mount | saddle leather Intatrim Stoneleigh seats + interior accents

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, the Factory Five instructions for the Coyote power steering setup from KRC still shows the older version with a separate fluid reservoir. The pump KRC has been selling for the Coyote for several years now, which I'm nearly positive is what Factory Five supplies, has an integral reservoir. It's what's in my Coupe build from five years ago and simplifies the installation. I purchased my setup (KRC Power Steering 66302125) directly from KRC and includes detailed instructions. I assume they would be in your kit too? If not, you could ask KRC. Overall, it's an easy bolt-on installation.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    Unfortunately, the Factory Five instructions for the Coyote power steering setup from KRC still shows the older version with a separate fluid reservoir. The pump KRC has been selling for the Coyote for several years now, which I'm nearly positive is what Factory Five supplies, has an integral reservoir. It's what's in my Coupe build from five years ago and simplifies the installation. I purchased my setup (KRC Power Steering 66302125) directly from KRC and includes detailed instructions. I assume they would be in your kit too? If not, you could ask KRC. Overall, it's an easy bolt-on installation.
    Interesting - correct as usual. FFR does have the updated instructions with the integrated reservoir on their website, it just looks like they never updated the link on their instructions downloads page. Anyway, here is the link (revision date 6/28/19): POWER-STEERING-KRC-COYOTE-ROADSTER-COUPE.pdf
    Darryl [dbo_texas]
    MKIV #9644 (build thread) (Index)
    MK4 Complete Kit | Gen2 crate Coyote | Tremec T56, 3.55 IRS | power steering | hydroboost | dual roll bars | FFR carbon fiber dash | 18" Halibrands + Wilwoods | RT drop trunk kit & turn signal | front battery mount | saddle leather Intatrim Stoneleigh seats + interior accents