Maybe someone can show me to the right direction. I have not complete my Hot Rod and i am looking for the rules for inspecting our kit cars.
I spoke to someone who does the inspection but was not 100% clear. This is what i understand please correct me if I am wrong.
the car will be inspected of the year of the cars looks. My case 33 Ford. also the year of the engine will determine if the car needs to pass emissions if the engine is 1996 and newer. so it will need a OBD2 connection. if not the car will just need to past a safety check.

I have a new LS3 E-rod engine with a magnum T-56 6 Speed and 9" rear, all new. so this will affect the taxes i will need to pay year on the kit car. also they inspector told me to bring every receipt I have for anything I purchase for the kit car. He says no matter if it was a bolt from home depot. His words not mine. To me, that is a bit petty. Now i thought of getting a simple 1992 Camaro with a TPI engine and get it in there just for the inspection and then later put the LS3 engine because i think its a bit of a hassle if the engine is not running 100% then it will take forever to get the bugs out of it. Any good advice?

Thank You
Jose
soon to be a New Englander