Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Post Your Weights

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure I can get there Tony being 190lb's but believe me I am doing all I can to save a few ounces here and there, I have even lost 20lb.

I believe the R chassis is a bit heavier but we don't use the door hardware, the doors are bolted to the side sail and rocker. Like Tony I am running a 15 gallon cell (mine is in the passengers seat area) a JDM header is 15lb lighter than the cast iron OE exhaust, small 10"X3" muffler, all tube rear links, AP brakes and hats (almost -40lb from OE brakes) 3.5lb battery, Iwire harness, rear firewall and fuel cell firewall is 15lb lighter than FFR's, Steering shaft 10+lb lighter than OE, Wilwood pedal box is a lot lighter than OE, 9lb flywheel, mounts, tabs and brackets are aluminum or thin wall 4130, no e-brake mechanism or cables and I am running one 10" fan are a few things I have done.
    I am getting the car back together and will have back on the scales in the next week, Had on the scales a few weeks ago with the rear fascia and hood off the car, I believe I will be little lighter than Tony when all back together. Now I am excited to get it back on the scales.
    Last edited by Mitch Wright; 05-26-2016 at 03:44 PM.