Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: 289 USRRC in Nawth Caruliina

Post Thanks / Like

289 USRRC in Nawth Caruliina

It's begun!!
    Thursday morn 7:30 am .. the truck pulled up and dropped the new little darling in the garage.
    Started inventory on the weekend.
    289 USRRC
    Halibrands
    302 Balanced, Blueprinted, GT40 heads, carbs and other goodies, builder says 420 HP .. will know exact number in the next week or so
    Moser rear end 3:55
    TKX Tranny
    Doing as much vintage as possible.
    Painting it red, no black, no green ... errr ask me again next week.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes Fman, JohnK, Chainsaw, cnutting liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Great to see another 289 build. I received mine December 20th. Have fun and enjoy the process.

4. Likes FredG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Snake has drawn first blood ....
    So, got the inventory pretty much done, body is off, panels are off, ready to go.
    Don't want the body outside so am building a high buck to roll in and out. The 289 will not work with the basic template in the manual ... unless I am missing something ... anyways figured this out partway through. I am redesigning and shaping to get what I need. Part of the process, no biggy.
    Wore gloves all day, stopped to answer the phone, forgot to put the gloves back on, tried to drive a 2 1/2 inch screw, slipped and went through the side of my thumb. Bled like a stuffed pig, called myself a few things, first aid done.
    Decided the cobra is one up on me.
    Cleaned tools up and now out back with a beer and cigar plotting tomorrow's revenge.
    ---> insert evil laugh here <---

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the standard template for mine and it worked out. Sorry to hear about getting screwed... I had many beers under similar conditions...
    FFR #8833 289 FIA 3-link
    1965 289, TKO600 from Forte's Parts Connection
    Body and Paint by Mike's Auto Restoration
    Picked up 3/5/2016, First start 4/22/2017, MA legal 7/11/2018
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...FIA-build-8833
    "Insanity is contagious" - Joseph Heller

7. Likes FredG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FredG View Post
    So, got the inventory pretty much done, body is off, panels are off, ready to go.
    Don't want the body outside so am building a high buck to roll in and out. The 289 will not work with the basic template in the manual ... unless I am missing something ... anyways figured this out partway through. I am redesigning and shaping to get what I need. Part of the process, no biggy.
    Wore gloves all day, stopped to answer the phone, forgot to put the gloves back on, tried to drive a 2 1/2 inch screw, slipped and went through the side of my thumb. Bled like a stuffed pig, called myself a few things, first aid done.
    Cleaned tools up and now out back with a beer and cigar plotting tomorrow's revenge.
    Cobra curse bites again
    Mk.4 FFR supplied Right hand drive
    Received 12/2012 completed 12/2019
    Gen1 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS
    Lots of mods to make compliant for Australian design rules

9. Likes FredG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

11. Likes cnutting liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FredG View Post
    If I start working on the car, a blood sacrifice must be made; no matter how minor. Today was just a small scratch, but the sacrifice was made. I haven't had this many wounds since I started riding a bike.
    Jack
    289 Roadster complete kit ordered 8/2/21. Delivered 3/14/2022. Chassis #10306. 17"x9" Halibrands, 3.55 IRS, PS, Wilwood brakes, BPE 306 with EFI and close ratio TKX. First start 7/20/2023. First Movement 9/24/2023. First go-kart 9/25/2023.
    Build thread - https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...rida-289-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw View Post
    If I start working on the car, a blood sacrifice must be made; no matter how minor. Today was just a small scratch, but the sacrifice was made. I haven't had this many wounds since I started riding a bike.
    I am looking forward to each cut and scrape ... I think anyways.