Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Has anyone titled their car in NYS.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone titled their car in NYS.

I'm looking for someone who has gone through the process of having their car titled in New York State.

EFI Rules and Carbs Drool Arrowhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, there a few hot rods throughout NYS and lots of other FFR cars. It's kind of a painful process, but if you have your paperwork in order and do the steps correctly you should have no problem. Where are you located? Some areas have enhanced emission requirements and they might require cats. The most important thing is to have documentation of where the major parts came from and the VIN numbers/bill of sale from the original donor car or receipts from the vendor you bought any crate components like engine or trans.

first place to start:
    http://dmv.ny.gov/forms/vs100.pdf

Here's a pretty good thread about it.
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...on-in-New-York

Post Thanks / Like
    I've registered my 818 in NY. My comments are in this thread that Arrowhead mentioned and my build thread . You can also ask me any questions you have on the process

Post Thanks / Like
    Painful is being polite. One of many items I needed was a certified weight slip.

Post Thanks / Like
    ulster county asks what about the stuff like regs.png

so it will register as a 1933ford or current year ?

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...on-in-New-York what pertains to a 33 rod
    Last edited by bobbyblades; 06-24-2016 at 09:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    i want to plan a turn key new build carbed pre emissions 351engine , treemec manual , the ff5 new rear so no used parts so reciepts should be ok but the saftey crap bumper? damn the blood pressure going up just thinking

EFI Rules and Carbs Drool Arrowhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It will be registered as a 20XX custom, they don't care if it looks like a '33 Ford or a Cobra. That form you posted a picture of is the same form sent to anyone in NY building a home built vehicle. Unless things have changed, I was told by the DMV Albany office you only need to mark off what systems you have installed (whether they were on the engine originally or not) as technically "you" are the manufacturer at this point. However you may need cats as downstate has higher emissions standards than upstate and I'm not sure how Ulster county is treated. Don't sweat the bumpers too much, you just need to have something. Sadly mine fell off as soon as I got home from the inspection.