Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: LS Engine Temp Switch?

Post Thanks / Like

LS Engine Temp Switch?

We're installing an LS7 from Schwartz, and Jeff tells me that the newer (E67) ECU can not reliably be used to run the cooling fans....that we should just wire up our own separate system to run the fans. I'm thinking that the best way to do this would be to use the existing port in the head (stock temp sensor is at the LH front of the engine and there is an identical port in the RH rear head) to install a temp switch there.....which appears to be M12-1.5 thread. Is anyone aware of a temp switch that could be installed in that location?....say 180-190 degree switch? Anyone have a better idea?
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC View Post
    We're installing an LS7 from Schwartz, and Jeff tells me that the newer (E67) ECU can not reliably be used to run the cooling fans....that we should just wire up our own separate system to run the fans. I'm thinking that the best way to do this would be to use the existing port in the head (stock temp sensor is at the LH front of the engine and there is an identical port in the RH rear head) to install a temp switch there.....which appears to be M12-1.5 thread. Is anyone aware of a temp switch that could be installed in that location?....say 180-190 degree switch? Anyone have a better idea?
    That makes perfect sense to me. I've always wondered why the fans hadn't been wired this way from the start, instead of using the computer signal. I would imagine that this would give a direct signal for the fan relay. No more guessing.

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081