Quote Originally Posted by csharg View Post
I have searched the forums but can't seem to find the answer to my question.. is the architecture of the LT series engines significantly different from the LS series such that it will not easily fit in the GTM? They are making crate LT4s now and that would be a pretty sweet power plant for this car.
You have to reverse the intake to fit in a GTM, the LT4 is supercharged so that's a no-go. You could probably fit the new LT1 in if you can reverse the intake. I haven't checked these new v8s out closely so I don't know if the motor mounts/engine dimensions/etc. would work or not. The problem to me is the cost vs the readily available and cheap by comparison ls engines. Also it's not hard tp get 550hp out of a naturally aspirated ls engine and that's about all you need in a 2500lb car. Plus the cost/weight/complexity of upgaded trans/axles/cv's/etc. isn't worth it in my opinion because you can't get it to the ground. Example: FFR's GTM with 500hp ls7 does 11 flat in the 1/4 mile (on street tires) There's an 1100hp build that did 10.5 on drag radials spinning the entire way. Over double the hp for .5 seconds faster 1/4 mile run. Don't get me wrong, if you're ghoing to run 1/2 mile or mile events it may be worth it, but other than that it's wasted money imho.