Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Byron's HR Build #890

Post Thanks / Like
    Very good to see others working the heat exchanger problems out. I hope that you have no heating problems, i had over heating with the AC condenser in front of radiator in 100 temps. Not enough
    air getting out of behind radiator, with your no hood and sides it may work, but once you are to hot ever thing is hot!
    The other thing is to get cool air for intake, in my first setup had hot air to intake and lost a lot of power. With my twin turbo setup will get outside air( have not came up with air cleaner yet) water to air coolers and will put heat exchanger and AC condenser in trunk, looking to have room for soft overnight bag! I like the idea of putting heat exchanger under the tank you my need to have some ducting to move air. Good luck to us all!!
    I am building gas tanks to go under tank for more gas ( it will like it's gas) and plumed with top tank, so i have no room any left!
    Last edited by 1932; 01-12-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I planned everything with the "no hood and no sides" in mind. I hope that will help with the cooling. Like I said if I have to I will figure out another place to mount the radiator for the heat exchanger. When I get a chance I will post a pic of the radiator that came from Whipple with the measurements. Mind you it was the mustang kit. One more thing to keep in mind is that if you modify anything on these cars outside of what the FFR instructions tell you, you add time, money and more work to the project. I think all the time about how I would probably already have a go cart, if not a registered car, if I did not decide to modify things. But I guess thats what makes it a hot rod and a great hobby.

3. Likes wrp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it is more time and money, but that is what makes a personal one of a kind car!! My car will be mine and as far as i know a one off, it makes the time and money a good go. The first thing did was start changing things to my way, some good, some not so much. All fun.
    Last edited by 1932; 01-12-2019 at 02:47 PM.

5. Likes wrp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to find some fellow supercharger nuts.

I moved the thermostat housing and am using an AC coolant-powered heat exchanger instead of a Low Temp Radiator, will get my act together and post a build thread.

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...710#post353710

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I looked long and hard at the "Killer chiller" thing and decided not to go that route. I do look forward to hearing how it works out for you though. What S/C , motor you planning on running?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not done much work on the hotrod this year. I finally got to spend a little time in the garage this last week and finalized all the little things to go for first start.
    To be honest, it was super uneventful. Fired right up on first crank.

I do have some small oil leaks; one at the remote oil relocation mount in the 1/8npt plug, the other at the oil pressure gauge.

My serpentine belt was one of my biggest concerns going into this. At idle its fine but with small revs the alternator hits the frame. This was the modified location that I put it in. So, I bought the PBH alternate relocation kit for whipple coyotes. I will still have to modify belt routing as the PBH solution includes a power steering pump in the belt routing that I will need to delete. Back to the drawing board for that.

I am using the infinity box, or isis, chassis electronics system. Within that system is the option to have all your controls through a touchscreen. I used my iPad and everything worked well.

Im sure I am forgetting things, but here is a short video. I asked my wife to video the event and she had some technical difficulties but here is some of the footage.

9. Likes RoadRacer, FF33rod, HVACMAN liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12