Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Question - Any interest in bolt in Pre engineered Electric Drive Lines for FFR Kits?

Post Thanks / Like

Question - Any interest in bolt in Pre engineered Electric Drive Lines for FFR Kits?

I have been approached by a company that would like to provide pre-engineered all electric drive lines for the Factory Five Cars.

I specified that they would need to be engineered to the point that they are bolt in and plug in with no real in depth electrical knowledge required.

My question to one and all is - hypothetically speaking - if such a driveline were available would you be interested in it?

Price target is in the same range as you would expect to pay for a good old fashioned internal combustion drive line. Power and range are targeted to be what one would expect from a car with the looks of any of the FFR offerings.

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like
    If you could do it for the same price, without large sacrifices in power or weight, I'd do it... but I see that being a challenge. I'd be more interested in a microturbine generator and quad electric wheel motors or perhaps something similar but without the unsprung weight.

Post Thanks / Like
    No interest at all, and I own a Leaf for the daily commute so it's not for an appreciation/understanding of an electric drive train. It's just that these cars are all wrong from a battery placement and chassis perspective. Not to mention the whole neutered lion syndrome.....

I would however be interested in a ground up chassis kit designed to be an EV.