BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: power windows

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

power windows

Hello fellow builders! I am in the process of installing my power windows. I have followed all the instructions in the manual{this could be the problem} But I am having a hard time getting the windows to stay in the track and centered at the same time. They are centered perfect at the top but as I power them down they come out of the track. As usual both doors are a bit different as to how they are going together. Any insight to this would be appreciated. Thanks, Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I gues I'll reply to myself. Never mind figured it out! Thanks, Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry no one responded Tom. I'm along way from putting in power windows, so I have not idea how you solved the problem. If you have time, maybe you'd share so when they get to that step, they'll have your solution to help them through the process.

PS
    I suspect there are still many builders who haven't found this forum and still make most of their posts over on FFCars.com.
    Tim
    HR #209
    Delivered 11 May 2010
    http:/tims33.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Tim,the big problem was getting the window to stay somewhat centered through the complete travel of the window, up and down. I had to elongate the holes in the front window track mounting bracket. This allowed more adjustment so the top stays centered in the window channel,cut in the door. Now the bottom can be moved to center with the window at it's lower position. I also added a washer to the left side of the glass holder between it and the where it mounts to the track.{ This is on the driver's door.} This moved the back of the window closer to center in the door cut out. The next issue will be getting everything to work with the window felts in place. My suggestion to builders is to do all your body fitting and trimming before installing motor and tranny. Every car is a little different but, doing all of this with motor and trans in the way just adds to the difficulty of fitting and refitting and sanding and sanding some more. It will make a mess all over your nice shinny motor! Good luck with your build. Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Good Info

Good to know Tom. I've printed off your post and will keep it for future reference.

I saw one other builder suggest doing the body fit before installing the engine/transmission. I just got my motor back from the engine rebuilder and plan on installing it Saturday because of space limitations. But will cover it up when it gets to body fitting time.
    Tim
    HR #209
    Delivered 11 May 2010
    http:/tims33.com