Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Alternate Seat Belts

Post Thanks / Like

Alternate Seat Belts

Has anyone used standard seat belts in lieu of the racing harness? My concern is for my disabled wife who would have trouble using them. I'm wondering if the roll bar would make a good enough mount for a standard belt. We won't be racing and I only need to do the right side. Any ideas? Murph

Post Thanks / Like
    Check out julianos, I used them in my dart. I am considering the three point again for the roadster.

http://www.julianos.com/seat_belts.html

I never got any good pics of my belts, this is the best I had.

image.jpeg. image.jpeg
    Last edited by 6t8dart; 04-22-2016 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Added pics

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    First verify what your state requires to register. I mounted mine with the five point on the lower points and ran the third point up to the roll bar. Since the roll bar isn't really a legal bar for any class I'm aware of I wasn't concerned . I just used inexpensive black generics from summit. You can buy these in singles to fab it up and get pretty ones later. I'll dig for pics later if you need them. Or maybe I should just post updates on my build...

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like

doubled up

IMG_20160118_161836_347 (361x640).jpgIMG_20160118_162100_371 (361x640).jpg

Its hard to see black on black but I'm using the same attachment points low behind the seat. A little challenging to get it all stuffed in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the response and the pics. I can see well enough to get the idea. Tell me about your car, is it finished etc. Murph

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Take a look at Schroth Rallye belts. They are DOT approved with only 4 mounting points and much easier to fasten. I have a set for my type 65 but haven’t gotten to the point of installing them but I have used their racing belts and they are really great.

https://www.schrothracing.com/tuning/rallye/rallye-4

Bill Lomenick
    Chotis Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't even get me started again about street cars with racing harnesses in them. I was pleased that FFR gave me a credit on the harness delete so that I could go ahead and install 3-point retractable street belts. Since I am not running the "styling" bar (not really sure how good it would be as an actual "rollbar") I mounted my retractors up behind the seats on a simple but robust fabbed bracket. They seem to fit and retract great.

ERIC
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If everything seems to be coming your way, you're probably in the wrong lane."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kraftee View Post
    Don't even get me started again about street cars with racing harnesses in them.
    ERIC
    Eric
    I agree that the 33 should have a race harness only as an optional upgrade. By the time they sit at FF, then at the buyers home until the car is done the race
    harness is close to it's life cycle date and wouldn't pass tech anyway. At a minimum the harness should not be in the kit but direct shipped only WHEN the builder
    asks for it.
    Nice job on the retractors.
    DB

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds like we both have an aversion to 5 point harnesses on a street car. In my case, my disabled wife would have a fit using them. Regardless, they just are not needed on a street car. Thanks for the pics and info. Retractable belts are just what I need and now I know they can be mounted on the 33. Thanks again. Murph