Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Silicon Prairie 818s Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbiglar View Post
    Could use help from the group. When engine gets up to temp, only one of the two fans kick in. I know the second fan (passenger side) is good and wired properly because 1) when I went into test mode to reflash it would turn off and on. 2) It kicks in for a second or two on a hot start. Watching the AP in Gauge mode, Fan Switch #1 shows on, but #2 never flips to on.

Do you need to hit a certain temp for both to turn on vs. one? What am I forgetting?
    I'm fairly certain that in the original application the second fan only comes on when the AC is on. You could probably rewire it such that both come on when the driver's side fan is triggered. For what is is worth, my car cooled adequately this summer with ambient temps over 100 with just a single fan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by idf View Post
    I'm fairly certain that in the original application the second fan only comes on when the AC is on. You could probably rewire it such that both come on when the driver's side fan is triggered. For what is is worth, my car cooled adequately this summer with ambient temps over 100 with just a single fan.
    Great thanks that's a cool weight savings tip. Closing off the second fan will make the single that much more efficient too.