Quote Originally Posted by Brave Salmon View Post
Great input you guys. I will do as you suggest and see if it helps. I am still confused about a couple things:
1. If i never get a hard pedal even after pumping it sounds like air in the lines, right. If I get no bubbles when bleeding I agree that a mc could be leaking past its internals causing very soft pedal. How do I isolate to the bad mc? I'll set the bias bar as Mark says and see if it helps but is there a way to eliminate either front or rear mc when bleeding?
2. Edwardb says make the balance bar threads the same length on both sides. Is that the starting point from which I adjust bias to have fronts lock just prior to rears as wallace18 suggests is best?
thanks guys, I will continue to try and isolate the problem with your help..
1. Adjusting the balance bar bias toward the end of the car being bled, as suggested by Mark, should help to isolate a defective MC. Hadn't heard of doing that before for bleeding, but it's an interesting idea. Makes sure the MC on that side gets the full stroke for bleeding.

2. I suggested it because it stood out from your pictures how far off center you had the MC's adjusted. At the center is the starting location, and then adjust the bias based on driving. As I recall, that's what the instructions say.